Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my 92 spider S4 Automatic :), everything works perfectly on the car it has 50k kilos and original rubber,original british green, it has been really pampered. The only two things that dont work :( are the speedo works intermittently, once I have it up to 120 KPM it reacts and then works unless I leave it a day or two...I had some other cars where you could lubricate the speedo cable???? What to do.....

The other issue is the AC :( , is it worth having it fixed, can I just recharge the refrigerant??????

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks

Thanks guys for the great replies, ya montreal the location, not the car, great starting point....keep sending, i now just discovered an oil leak, i suppose this is expected on 20 yr old cars, what else should i typically worry about...i will star a ne tread top ten issues

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That Pulse unit

Got to that pulse sensor, thanks serie 4, found the wires which are covered with a sleeve and the sensor is covered with a boot. I TRIED TO TAKE PICS but the sensor is very close to the frame, Am i to assume you cannot unscrew it enough to remove, it looks like it might come out far enough. Any way it looked like new under the boot but oily? In fact the whole underside was quite oily. What could i clean the sensor with, the two terminals go through a white plastic insulator, i mean in situe of course.......

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks

I cleaned the terminal on the sender, worked perfectly then stopped again, over the length of wire were some tie wraps, i didnt like the look of them, they looked a bit tight, i loosened and so far so good but frankly there is no link kind of random. It could have been uniquely the car vibration.
Also without sounding stupid you put the car in drive on rhe stands right?

Does anyone know if my low mileage and speedo may be related?

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
where to find a speedo sender

Guys where would i look for the speedo sender for an automatic series 4......Is this veglia borletti sender common to other alfas or fiats?

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Does anyone have a name for this chap, being from Montreal he would be easy for me to find, I emailed him???

1 - 6 of 6 Posts