Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking about buying new brake & clutch master cylinders for my 73 GTV from IAP during their big projects sale on now. However I've come to be a bit apprehensive about some of their parts. Any experiences?

·
Banned
14,996 Posts
Andy Kress at Performatek sells Ate brake master cylinders. He is a good guy and his prices are reasonable. http://www.performatek.com/frOnlineCatalog.htm
I would ask about the brand if you are unsure. I think that Ate and Benditalia are OEM.

·
Registered
4,310 Posts
Paul Spruel also sells ATE master cylinders. He's also price competitive.

·
Registered
860 Posts
I bought clutch and brake master cylinders from IAP, got ATE ones just the orginals except they did not leak.

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
Last time I used IAP for any of these parts I got a brand called Metelli. I did a quick search and most were unhappy with them. I sent them back. Other times I've asked them what brand will come if I order and they said they cannot guarantee any particular brand. I now stay away from IAP for those hydraulic parts and get ATE elsewhere. I do use IAP for other stuff though.

·
Registered
4,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Last time I used IAP for any of these parts I got a brand called Metelli. I did a quick search and most were unhappy with them. I sent them back. Other times I've asked them what brand will come if I order and they said they cannot guarantee any particular brand. I now stay away from IAP for those hydraulic parts and get ATE elsewhere. I do use IAP for other stuff though.
Since I posted this I went ahead and ordered both clutch and brake MCs. Got Metelli. Hummm. Where was the negative feedback you got?

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
This was several years ago. I think I did a search on this BB or on an internet search and just read what I could. People didn't think it was as good a quality as ATE and the lifespan would be less. I didn't want to face an early replacement, so I decided to stay away. The price was reflective too. Metelli was cheaper than ATE.

·
Banned
14,996 Posts
You can also get rebuild kits for Ate that are factory quality and are not expensive.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts