Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchase an '87 Spider Veloce and drove it home 400km after I purchased it yesterday. The car drives really well and looks great however there are two issues with it (that I know of). The most concerning issue is when I am driving at a constant speed mostly in 3, 4, or 5th gear I get this jerky feeling while driving similar to it backing off then resuming throttle then backing off then resuming throttle ext. Similar feeling as when you are in first gear and vary the throttle and get that jerky response. However, when I accelerate this disappears until I am back at a constant speed. I do that think it is engine because the tach revs stay constant but I see some needle movement in my speedo. That is why I am thinking it may be related to transmission or clutch. I am hoping that someone can give me an idea what is going on and how to fix it. Thanks.

Stephan (Jedispey)

·
Richard Jemison
7,392 Posts
issue

Check the crossover tube from the Airflow meter to the intake manifold. Those symptoms may be a result of a leak when the motor mounts flex...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts