Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a front donut on my Milano, good Lord they have gotten expensive. At best was 64.50 and at worst was 98.50. Have I missed a shortage in front donuts?

·
Registered
2,414 Posts
I've noticed the price increases lately too. I think they (the donuts) are being ordered less and less as the owners take 'em off the road.

I've paid as little as $65 and as much as $80 for the real Alfa ones, in an orange Alfa box.

I don't think they are that expensive, really, considering a similar part for a BMW 325i of the same era. The labor in changing them is also very similar to said BMW. I think my biggest complaint has been the exhaust arrangement underneath the Milano/75 with that darned slip joint. I changed mine to a flange (ala 164 exhausts) and that has made my life so much easier when changing donuts, or inspecting driveshafts pilot bearings etc.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I ordered a new one from Vickauto out in Ft Worth. they are close to me and when i am in a hurry they get parts to me Very fast. They are very nice and matched a lower price from another supplier. I think what supprised me most in my recent search was at first all I could find was $98 donuts. sinceI have three transaxle Aflas, it worried me.

What do you mean by flange type joints for your Milano?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts