Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a relatively new member but have made a few postings and a couple of private messages so I am still getting to know how it all waorks.
I received a PM today from a new member who says he just wants to say hi and how is it going.
His profile has no info on him, where he comes from, what kind of car etc and his message has a link to some kind of Buddhist / reincarnation site.

Do I treat this sort of message with suspicion or is he for real?

·
Registered
4,631 Posts
Private Messages

I am a relatively new member but have made a few postings and a couple of private messages so I am still getting to know how it all waorks.
I received a PM today from a new member who says he just wants to say hi and how is it going.
His profile has no info on him, where he comes from, what kind of car etc and his message has a link to some kind of Buddhist / reincarnation site.

I certainly would...Just off hand, sounds like SPAM to me....contact Simon who owns the bb; his member name is smestas.

·
Registered
6,087 Posts

As Cheryl said, report this to one of the moderators: smestas, italcarguy or sniady. This is contrary to rules of the BB (and I won't go into the merits of such a message!), and the moderators will take appropriate action. (They do ban spammers from the BB.)

Best regards,

·
Registered
9,287 Posts

It seems there's are new type of spammer at work. See this thread.

·
Registered
9,287 Posts
BTW: Welcome to AlfaBB and sorry for your troubles!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts