Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8,164 Posts
Death comes in many forms.. Death can come by having one's organ exit the body.. or just having the bodily fluids leak all over the floor.. or just close one's eyes.. What form of death are you talking about?

·
Premium Member
22,156 Posts
Also depends on the condition of the rest of the car. If rusty, worn interior, etc., it's going to worth a lot less than if the chassis is solid and the interior is OK.
It's not that big a deal to sort out the engine or get a replacement, if you want to keep the car. Of course, if you don't, many people here would be happy to buy it off you.
A rusty Super project can be a $1500 car, or a perfect restored or original one can be a $25,000 car. This one's in between.
Andrew

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi all:
I'll take more pictures on the Super...the car has little rust...only the lip on the trunk, where the trim-lock was rusting inside. (Not the right seal).

Thanks,
Pat

Attachments

·
Premium Member
22,156 Posts
If you're actively going to sell this I don't think you'll have trouble finding interested parties here, or locally either for that matter.
Andrew

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
What is the interior color? Never seen a "dark brown" like that before. Very handsome.

·
Registered
6,892 Posts
It's a special order item.........
Along with the black door panels...

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
The photos make the door panels look dark brown to me (like the seats) not black. Wondering what the official Alfa interior color is called?

·
Premium Member
22,156 Posts
I'm guessing, being 44 years old, the seats have been redone at least once, probably not in original Alfa material. This looks like a cheap period US material, which is how these cars were treated mostly over the years, til recently.

This is a pretty garden-variety 1967 US-market Super, early in the 859000 series, which is the last of them we got. No Supers in 1968 or later except unsold 1967s, then 1750 Berlinas in 1969.

Andrew

1 - 11 of 11 Posts