Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Administrator
18,815 Posts
And without IAP you might not be able to keep a car last sold 20+ years ago 'on the road'.

I wouldn't call it Price Gouging. It's called supply & demand. How many Spider window regulators do you suppose they sell per year (economy of scale)? What is the supply vs demand like?

Yeah, thank the Gods of Alfadom that we have competition and a choice of suppliers.

Anyway, do you feel better after the vent?

·
Administrator
18,815 Posts
doubling the price on an item a couple of weeks after they publish their catalog doesn’t seem right especially if other suppliers still can provide the exact same part for the “old” fair price.
What do you suppose is the lead time for the catalog? I'd assume it is at least a few months - maybe many months.

By the way, do you want to buy my Alfa?
I’ll advertise it for about 7K, but depending on “demand” I might double the price without warning when you come and pick it up. LOL …
Well, of course I wouldn't be happy. But it is a free country so, unless we had a signed contract for the original price, you are free to do as you wish. The flip side is I would probably not be eager to buy anything from you again - thus exercising MY free choice.

Now I feel better ….
Good! Glad it helped!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.