Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I do not like to complain but I’m not very happy that one of the biggest Alfa sponsors is ripping us off.
INTERNATIONAL AUTO PARTS:
According to their latest catalog, the window regulator for my 87 Spider cost $198.00
When I ordered the part “they” told me the actual price was $398.00 :mad:

THAT IS DOUBLE THE PRICE as advertised in their catalog.
According to the sales representative, “the less stock we have, the higher the price” “you see it is a question of demand”, “also the Euro went up” …
THIS IS CALLED PRICE GOUGING (a.k.a. legal theft)
According to their catalog price disclaimer, prices might change according to exchange rate fluctuations.

Well the Dollar –Euro rate changed about 10% ….

I got so mad; I called the competitor Centerline Alfa.
The friendly staff explained that their catalogue prices were increased due to the exchange rate. The window regulator would cost me about $220.00
WOW at least there is still some honest business people around.
He also informed me that there was a newer version on the market. This regulator does not use the brake prone cable and comes with the motor. Cost: the same price!!!

It is sad that International Auto parts has to prey on us, Alfa enthusiasts.
We are not millionaires, and maybe International Auto Parts does not realize that without us, they would not have a business!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
your quote:
I wouldn't call it Price Gouging. It's called supply & demand. How many Spider window regulators do you suppose they sell per year (economy of scale)? What is the supply vs demand like?

I understand your position but I don't fully agree.
A) Your explanation would work for almost any product in any market; in that case nobody should no longer have to publish prices. Just order or buy the item and you’ll find out at the register what the price will be.
B) I think there should be a FAIR price …, doubling the price on an item a couple of weeks after they publish their catalog doesn’t seem right especially if other suppliers still can provide the exact same part for the “old” fair price.
C) Legally a company is bound by their disclaimer (that is why some companies do not advertise their price and put “Please call for pricing” in their advertisement)

Your quote”
And without IAP you might not be able to keep a car last sold 20+ years ago 'on the road'.
True, but before I bought my Alfa I double-checked that supplies were available and parts prices were “kinda sorta affordable”

By the way, do you want to buy my Alfa?
I’ll advertise it for about 7K, but depending on “demand” I might double the price without warning when you come and pick it up. LOL …

Now I feel better ….

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
I did.
The regulator I received from Centerline does NOT use cables!!!
It uses a "snake" system, you can see the pics at their online catalog.

Although it did not come with instructions, it was VERY easy to install and was a prefect fit for my 87 Alfa.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.