Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am the seller here. It’s very hard to value these cars. Am I asking too much?

·
Registered
8,943 Posts
I don't think you are asking too much....I love your dash treatment. It is worthy of explaining how you pulled that off in a separate thread...Perhaps in the Restorations.. Forum... I would like to do that with my Spider.

·
Premium Member
412 Posts
I assume the car has no rust and the paint is good. You’ve done many expensive upgrades that 95% of buyers value and want. The gasketed windshield upgrade itself is almost $1000, the grill backdate is $400, the AC must have been expensive, engine rebuilds around here cost $4k and up. Trans rebuild is $2k, and so in. Add in professional shop labor and the work done to this car could add up to around $20k

Had this been 14 months ago I would be bidding on your car. The BIN price seems like a bargain to me.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't think you are asking too much....I love your dash treatment. It is worthy of explaining how you pulled that off in a separate thread...Perhaps in the Restorations.. Forum... I would like to do that with my Spider.
Thank you.
I'll see what I can find in my photos - I basically used a "dash" style filler that is designed to fill the cracks and cure to the same flexibility as the rest of the dash foam. Then I formed the alcantara to the dash surface and adhered it with professional car interior contact glue. I filled in a bunch of holes and cracks that I knew i wasn't going to use.
I think it came out really nice, and I wanted something that would never crack again.
The wood insert is from alfaholics, I was able to reuse the chrome surround.

·
Registered
2,821 Posts
Agreed, nice car, priced too low. ebay buyers want a bargain so it's better to start low and let the bidders have at it. You can still have a reserve on the car. Bring a Trailer is a better venue if they would accept it. Beautiful car , love the color. I forwarded it to someone in the market. GLWTS

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
I think the BIN is priced fairly if you have it set as you’re asking price and aren’t in a rush to sell. But I don’t see this as a $40k or higher GTV; I would price it in the $30k-35k range. Just compare your car to other recent offerings on BaT. The cars that are selling over $40k do so for a reason, such as fresh paint and interior, or detailing to the engine bay and under carriage. Modifications or upgrades typically don’t return what you paid as well.

·
Super Moderator
11,783 Posts
Modifications or upgrades typically don’t return what you paid as well.
Yes, that is the case. Don't get me wrong, my own GT is modified and I suspect that most people who buy these cars perform modifications. However, the all-original cars bring the highest auction prices.

The $35K BIN seems fair / low. This GT might approach $40K on BaT, but you never know until you put it out there. But, I wouldn't list it there without a reserve.

·
Premium Member
412 Posts
If you think about selling on BAT, I’d make 4 suggestions
(1) have a professional do a “paint correction to get rid of swirls and minor imperfections that are obvious in your photos.
(2) consider having a well known Alfa shop do a PPI ($200?) and post the results with your photos
(3) have someone who is good at photography do your pictures
(4) convert back to the stock 1974 grill and sell me your grill conversion for $200. Just kidding,

Good luck.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I think the BIN is priced fairly if you have it set as you’re asking price and aren’t in a rush to sell. But I don’t see this as a $40k or higher GTV; I would price it in the $30k-35k range. Just compare your car to other recent offerings on BaT. The cars that are selling over $40k do so for a reason, such as fresh paint and interior, or detailing to the engine bay and under carriage. Modifications or upgrades typically don’t return what you paid as well.
Thanks, very much appreciate the constructive feedback.

·
Premium Member
3,180 Posts
I have seen worse GTVs sell for more. You have a nice looking 2000 GTV! I think your price is low, but Covid pricing exists lately.

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
Madison!? Hi from Guilford!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts