Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It wasn't that movie, you know, where the uncle yells, "Plastics."

Nor was it anything in any movie.

I'm in the design trade. Design for personal objects in the South Bay Area. I have always coveted the series 2 Alfa Romeo spider.

My first love was an MG. The principal who lived down the street had one. He'd wear his tweed cap and sometimes give me a ride to school with the top down even though it was only 50 degrees out.

Even then, I thought it was slow. Cute but slow.

By the time Jr. High came about, all my friends were into muscle cars. Magazines, drawing them and talking about how they's change out this carb for that one, Etc.

This talk bored me because frankly, Impalas were long, ugly and had no style. I will give them a little credit for the big back seat. As an adolescent, a big back seat can come in handy.

The football coach drove a Fiat Spider. It had (has) nice lines. It was Purple. I was standing near it drawing it when he came up and asked what the heck I was doing. Explaining that the lines flowed naturally from my pencil to the page even though I never considered myself an artist, he walked me to the art department and introduced me to that teacher.

Finally, my orthodontist had an Alfa. It was a Duetto, I don't know the year because I didn't know how to look for the script VS block lettering at the time. Easiest car to draw . . . ever.

The lines are so simple. It takes effort to make simple look so, sexy.

This last weekend, I took the plunge and bought a 1975 spider, black with gold painted wheels (going to change that) and gold pin-stripping.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So, I went to Willow Springs last week with a friend. Seems like racing this lil' guy might be in my future.

That means I have the Stainless Bumper Conversion for sale. The fronts have the lenses just fine, the rear has no dents and for kicks, I'm going to polish the begeebus out of it.

I'm in San Mateo but will be out of town until the 16th. Message me with a number.

Centerline has the kit for $2295.00 which is fair for brand new. I'm thinking $1400 since it is used. No, won't ship.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts