Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My GTV is idling very high (1700rpm), and I've pulled the air cleaner-to-equalizer block hose (picture below), and tried screwing in the adjuster screw (picture below) to reduce speed. But it's not working, I have a feeling something is stripped in the equalizer, maybe some sord of washer. Anyways, when I clog the equalizer the idle drops to 900rpms. So I stuck a chrome tire vavle cover in the hose to clog it, and plugged it in, and the car seems to run fine.

Am I at harm clogging this hose?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I doubled checked the throttle cable to, I actually tightened it up a little.

Also, can idleing high, have anything to do with the choke? My choke has been having a mind of it's own, and I think I'm running with it on.

·
Premium Member
1,463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I checked the butterflies, relay crank to throttle & control unit rods, and the idle limit stop screw. It all seems to be intact.

I think it's the equalizer, one of the o-ring's is missing. So I built a little contraption, which let's in less air into the equalizer intake's, and it run's at 800 rpm.

·
Premium Member
1,463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
RT thanks for the info. And I do think the spica need's a good tuning. So my contraption should work temporarly, I don't want to dish out money into it.

I going to try and equip some webers in a month.

·
Premium Member
1,463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Roadtrip said:
I guess I'm a purist, but I generally like to keep them in original condition, including the SPICA system. Design-wise, it's a work of art and machining-wise, it's difficult to find something as finely made as a SPICA injection pump.
I can say I'm the same way, only un-orginal thing on my Alfa are the panasports(for now).

I guess it's not orginal if I throw weber's on the motor, but in europe they did make 2 liters with webers, that's where I trick myself into carbs(So I have a good reason to trick my brain). I love carbs. But I also love when people say 'what the heck is that', it's a spica! 'what?' mechanical FI!'how does it work', it's mechanical! I dont know! :p

I want to keep my car orginal, but there's a few thing's that bug me. Like the seat's. I'm to tall for those sucker's, and I get bad back pain from them. So I'm throwing in some momo seats in the future. Also, there are so many day's that I look at my car and would like to throw back some steel's on it. I know it would look nice lowered with stock rims.

Me and my car have heavy issue's. We can never make up our mind's.

·
Premium Member
1,463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Welcome to the board Kcabpilot.

So I stuck my finger over the hole, and my engine did not die, the revs dropped, but did not die.

What do you think?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts