Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I've recently purchased a set of replica Ronal A1 wheels (15x7, 5x98, 25mm offset) for my 1985 GTV6. I'm looking for new tires to go with them, and would like some suggestions for tire sizes.

My criteria:
1) I'd prefer something wider than stock (perhaps a 205mm+?)
2) After reading some of the comments here, I've decided on getting the same size tires for both front and rear
3) Obviously, I would prefer a size that maximizes looks and performance, with no rubbing, and with no additional modifications. (I fully realize that looks and performance can be subjective)
4) The car is a street car, used only for leisure driving. Not used for racing, etc.

I should mention that the car has been lowered, though it was done by a previous owner, so I don't know by how much exactly. It's been lowered enough that I do scrape a little on the odd speed bump.

For those of you with A1 wheels, or have wheels of the same dimensions, what size of tires have you been successfully running on your GTV6?

·
Registered
377 Posts
from experience - 205/55's will work very well, no issues, no rubbing and very little speedo error(my street tire size for years and still is); 205/50's will fit, will work almost as well, but if the car is already lowered, may result in too little ground clearance (track day/time trial R compound tire size for many years); 225/50's will only sort of fit, you'll need to trim the inner lip of the front spoiler and full lock on the steering may result in rubbing and will probably rub/cut on the rear inner wheel well on full squat from acceleration esp with a loaded trunk on an up-hill section (ask me how I know...) (also tried this size for time trials/track days - probably a little too much tire for the car, and would probably go back to 205/50's for time trials).

hope this helps...

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
My 1986 75 2,0L (Milano) rode very well on Ronal A1s with 205/55/-15 Pirelli P6. The ealier Giulietta Nuovo 2,0 L didn't have power steering, but rode well on 195/70-14 Pirelli P6, sligtly more scritish and well spin in the wet.
Erik

·
Registered
257 Posts
I bought the same wheels. I put 205/55 on them and it has been great.

Baktash

·
Registered
257 Posts
You can see the pictures on "best wheels for gtv6" thread.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
205/55-15 it shall be then.

Let's hope there are plenty of choices in that size at my local tire store.

Thanks to all for your input.

·
Registered
257 Posts
205/55-15 it shall be then.

Let's hope there are plenty of choices in that size at my local tire store.

Thanks to all for your input.
Try Tire rack. They have multiple brands.

·
Registered
257 Posts
EB spares in England supplies them. I bought a set too. You can see the pics on "best whels for gtv6" thread.

Baktash

·
Supporting Vendor
4,446 Posts
We have the new Ronal replicas in stock as well. Only a couple of sets left as most of our sets were pre-sold. They are indeed very nice wheels!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts