Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Pre tour timetable and BOD meeting conflict

Hi Ken

Folks driving on the pre tour who need or wish to attend the BOD meeting on Wednesday AM, need to plan an alternate route, since the tour ends Wednesday afternoon.

Any suggestions?

Frank La Sala

I am not on the board but wish to attend.

Frank La Sala

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Ken

Folks driving on the pre tour who need or wish to attend the BOD meeting on Wednesday AM, need to plan an alternate route, since the tour ends Wednesday afternoon.

Any suggestions?

Frank La Sala

I am not on the board but wish to attend.

Frank La Sala
Frank,

I'll check and get back to you.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Maple leaf mille

Frank and all, re the Tour and getting to the meeting on Wednesday this is all worked in for thoes who want to take in both the tour and the AGM on Wednesday.
I attempted to attach the Maple Leaf Mille to this thread. If you can't open it send me an email and I will send you the PDF file directly. TODATE THE TOUR IS HALF FULL

Regards.
Gord Z Tour Director
[email protected]

Attachments

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Gord

Thanks, everything is clear sailing now.

Will send you a email.

Looking forward to Canada and seeing all my good friends again.

Frank

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
The Maple Leaf Mille Tour is fast filling up

The Maple Leaf Mille Tour is fast filling up we now have 17 Alfa's registered in the group all but 3 are from the US. Since the registration has only been open for a couple of weeks the tour is filling up fast. If you are planning on attending you may want to get registered as there is only room for 8 more and the tour will be full. There are only 25 hotel rooms available and we can not accommodate more than 25 cars. The logistics of more than that will make it impossible to handle. Don't be disappointed register now! Attached is the tour itinerary for your information. You must be registered for the convention.

You can register at <[email protected]>

If you have any questions I can be reached at

[email protected]

705 738 5505

Gord Zimmerman

Maple Leaf Mille Tour Director

Attachments

·
Registered
'65 Giulia TI (Bluette!) , '86 Spider
36 Posts
Since there seems to be demand for a Canadian tour for Canadians, with most tour registrations coming from Canada, I wonder if consideration could be given to reprising the tour later in the year for members of the local chapters. This could open up some slots for those coming from other parts of Canada and the US.
I know that I was very disappointed to miss the cut when I registered in late January. I'm sure that many others will be as they make their vacation plans. I know that when I organized the FANGIO pre-convention tour in 2008, in conjunction with the Chicago convention, most of our registrations did not come in until the months just before the event.

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Since there seems to be demand for a Canadian tour for Canadians, with most tour registrations coming from Canada, I wonder if consideration could be given to reprising the tour later in the year for members of the local chapters. This could open up some slots for those coming from other parts of Canada and the US.
I know that I was very disappointed to miss the cut when I registered in late January. I'm sure that many others will be as they make their vacation plans. I know that when I organized the FANGIO pre-convention tour in 2008, in conjunction with the Chicago convention, most of our registrations did not come in until the months just before the event.
Most of people who registered for the Tour are from the US. Since the Tour has filled up early the last few years, it looks like people just registered early. Did you put your name on the waiting list?

·
Registered
'65 Giulia TI (Bluette!) , '86 Spider
36 Posts
I'm sorry if I misunderstood the earlier statement-
"The Maple Leaf Mille Tour is fast filling up we now have 17 Alfa's registered in the group all but 3 are from Canada. Since the registration has only been open for a couple of weeks the tour is filling up fast. If you are planning on attending you may want to get registered as there is only room for 8 more and the tour will be full."
Sounded like it was mainly Canadians registering early. Yes, I am on the waiting list - thanks!

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
That was a typo on the original message. In fact only 4 of the 25 cars are Canadian and 2 of those are the tour leader and the chase car.
The first 4 registrants are from KY, MO, MD and OR. Then one Canadian jumped in. The next 5 are from MI, NC, OK, MI, WA followed by the chase car.

·
Registered
4,638 Posts
Pre-Convention Tour

That was a typo on the original message. In fact only 4 of the 25 cars are Canadian and 2 of those are the tour leader and the chase car. If there is something you can do to correct the impression that the Tour spots were all scooped up by locals, we would greatly appreciate it.

The first 4 registrants are from KY, MO, MD and OR. Then one Canadian jumped in. The next 5 are from MI, NC, OK, MI, WA followed by the chase car.
Ken,

Since you posted the original message with the typo, you can go in and edit the text and correct the original posting, unless I'm missing something else that needs to be corrected.

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I was having some problems editing, then we had a power failure in the middle of things. It should all be fixed now.
Thanks

·
Registered
90 Posts
When will Tour details be available to registrants.

Tour Leader (Ken?):

What is your expected time frame for contacting the tour registrants with details / reservation instructions &cetera?

Thanks,
Bernie Bennett

·
Registered
90 Posts
Tour Leader Gord! Thanks for the phone call confirming that I am the last to get the information (g). I will book the hotels as soon as I get the emails you referenced.

Looking forward to the tour, the Alfetta is back on the road after body work repairs from last summer. New replacement radio and TPMS are part of the recovery from our post Alfa Convention radio theft and ensuing body damage.

Best Wishes,
Bernie and Diana

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
We are just setting up some of the final details on the tour and will be in touch with all the participants within a couple of weeks

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.