Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is where we will be discussing the pre convention tour. Please note that the schedule is being finalized and registration has not yet opened. Convention information is being updated and posted on our website Home

·
Premium Member
3,792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Steve,

I will get your question to our tour chairman tonight.

Hi George,
How many miles total, and how many miles per day. will you always be within a couple hundred miles from the starting point.
Thanks
Steve

·
Registered
90 Posts
Three nights and four days? Horse Farm tour?

Just getting my registration form in order and was surprised to see we would be overnighting Tuesday night and touring on Wednesday. Will it be possible to do the Horse Farm Tour?

What about breaking away from the tour Tuesday night and heading to the hotel or Wednesday morning?

Thanks,
Bernie & Diana

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
response:three days and four nights? horse farm tour?

Just getting my registration form in order and was surprised to see we would be overnighting Tuesday night and touring on Wednesday. Will it be possible to do the Horse Farm Tour?

What about breaking away from the tour Tuesday night and heading to the hotel or Wednesday morning?

Thanks,
Bernie & Diana
Hello Bernie and Diana-- Yes, the last night "on the road" of Alfa Touring is Tuesday, 7/12/11. And it's perfectly fine to break away and head for the Campbell House hotel for the Horse Farm Tour, if that's what you would like to do. That tour leaves the hotel at 1:00pm EST Wednesday, and remember you'll be arriving from the CST zone, one hour earlier.

If you have any other questions, just let us know. Looking forward to seeing you both!

·
Registered
90 Posts
Dave:

Thanks for the reply, So how far from the convention hotel will we be at the end of Tuesday touring?

What will we miss Wednesday besides the camaraderie of the tourists. What is the special dinner activity?

Thanks for your help in planning.

Best Wishes,
Bernie & Diana Bennett

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
Bernie-- First let me correct myself in the previous post when I said you'll be in the Central Standard Time zone-- you will NOT! You'll remain in the EST time zone so there will be no time difference. I was informed by a gentleman who checked it thoroughly that most of Indiana is on EST. Sorry for the misinformation!

I will defer your other questions to our Alfa Touring Chairman, and will ask him to reply. It sounds like you will not be attending or running in the Time Trials at Putnam Park raceway, correct?

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
Alfa Touring question & followup

Dave:

Thanks for the reply, So how far from the convention hotel will we be at the end of Tuesday touring?

What will we miss Wednesday besides the camaraderie of the tourists. What is the special dinner activity?

Thanks for your help in planning.

Best Wishes,
Bernie & Diana Bennett
Bernie and Diana--

I wanted to check back with you to see if your original Alfa Touring questions above were answered, or if you had anything else to ask at this point. We're looking forward to seeing you both again! Take care...

·
Registered
90 Posts
Umm, not yet and I'm beginning to be worried about the event details for which I and others who have registered for it (well I've only been talking to one he's leaving for 6 weeks in Europe soon) are getting anxious.

Thanks for following up on this Dave.

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
Alfa Touring information pending

OK Bernie-- thanks for letting me know that. I will put you in touch with Steve Hawkins right away. I don't think I'm talking out of school here if I say that they're about to release a source of information on the pre-convention tour that should help everyone's planning.

Don't touch that dial! ;) We'll be back with you shortly.

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
car wash prior to tour departure

I know you are on the road now if you're registered for Alfa Touring, but the question arose if we could have a wash site available to get the road grunge off your Alfas prior to tour departure, and the answer is YES. I will have a couple of hoses connected and set up for use this afternoon at the northwest corner of the hotel parking lot, back near the golf course.

Keep the shiny side up!:D

·
Certified Oldschooler
7,074 Posts
Some blog entries here on the pre-tour, starting at the bottom of page 2 in the attached link. A great time indeed, the heart and soul of owning an Alfa, getting out there and driving them around some gorgeous American scenery. What better way to show them off to the public at large! And what better way to get to know like-minded Alfisti. Enjoyed it!!

LINK

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.