Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Along with the assignment to redesign the alfa BAT we were also assigned to do a pre 70s alfa rendering and a post 70s rendering. out of the entire school 20 of them will be picked for the Palo Alto Concorse De Elegance. I am not sure which car to draw. Any suggestions. I did some quick sketches of possible candidates. Maybe I can kill 2 birds with one stone, perhaps I can do a drawing of someone's alfa.

I numbered each drawing so that it would be easy to refer to when discussing

Attachments

·
Registered
373 Posts
Ditto with the wheels.
I Really like how you elongate the nose in the Duetto and the Giulietta. It makes the grill pop, and with the pointier eyebrows the cars look meaner.
Very nice! I would say D for sure.

·
Registered
4,638 Posts
Pre 70's Alfa Drawings

And a different perspective...something you can depend on from me; way too much analysis put into anything or any simple question. It depends on what you are trying to portray that Alfa came from an exclusive racing heritage or that it had a darker side, in that, it was used during the war and Mussolini's reign.

I tend to like some of the older closed and open cars that demonstrate that Alfa was not always all about racing and had a full line of cars. Having said that I think everyone is familiar with the Duetto and some of the more recent, more recognizable models, so I would use some that you can show some history and expertise that others may not be able to do, based on knowledge of the subject and the marque.

Depending on your perspective and intended interpretation, based on what is available in your selection grid, and not necessarily based on my opinion above, I would select: F or E for the pre 1970s; if you select "F" I would use it with "A" and if you select "E" I would use it with "D" with the top down or you could select "B" for pre-1970 and use it with "D" with the top up.

Good luck.

·
Registered
692 Posts
I think that C is the best and most difficult drawing, but a rear will probably not win you entry into a competition. I would enjoy seeing your rendering of the gtv with the front end accentuated against the small rear end. A,B or E will work for you.

Your foreshortening skills make me jealous.:mad:

Nice work, I liked the bat series as well.

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
How about drawing the 1967 Montreal prototype? It's an often overlooked but beatiful model. The production version's lines are much harsher than the flowing and harmonic curves of the prototype.

Attachments

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
How about drawing the 1967 Montreal prototype? It's an often overlooked but beatiful model. The production version's lines are much harsher than the flowing and harmonic curves of the prototype.
Good idea I might just do that. One of my classmates who is now working for ford design in Australia was a huge worshiper of this car.

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Good idea I might just do that. One of my classmates who is now working for ford design in Australia was a huge worshiper of this car.
Sadly, he cant have much sway in the pencil-and-paper office because Ford Australia dont exactly churn out eye-poppingly nice looking cars very frequently.

That's being nice.

·
Registered
890 Posts
I'd love to see "A" with the correct stock wheels and hubcaps. That would be a prime candidate for a T shirt design for those of us with 101 Spiders!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts