Alfa Romeo Forums banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Not to be rude, but you're not that far away.

The PPI is really poor. There's not a lot of information and the pictures are poor quality.

Sedans are extremely common. Follow your instincts on this one. Another will pop up before you know it.
I was going to make a sarcastic comment about how you were being rude but then I realized I could use this reply as my 10th post. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
21,212 Posts
I just reviewed the pics on Chequered Flag's website. The car does look good but with no detail pics of the undersides or closeups of the rockers and fender bottoms, can't really comment on the areas we're worried about. It does look like a nice car. I love the seats, not like anything we got in the US. The shifter appears to be a GTV/Spider shifter, more angled than a Giulia sedan shifter, but big deal. Trunk insides look good, what you can see, as does engine compartment. Could you ask CF to take some closeups of the lower extremities, rockers, floors, and email to you? Do they know when the paint/bodywork was done?

Andrew

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
I just reviewed the pics on Chequered Flag's website. The car does look good but with no detail pics of the undersides or closeups of the rockers and fender bottoms, can't really comment on the areas we're worried about. It does look like a nice car. I love the seats, not like anything we got in the US. The shifter appears to be a GTV/Spider shifter, more angled than a Giulia sedan shifter, but big deal. Trunk insides look good, what you can see, as does engine compartment. Could you ask CF to take some closeups of the lower extremities, rockers, floors, and email to you? Do they know when the paint/bodywork was done?

Andrew
Unfortunately no records or history is available with this car. I'll ask them for those pictures.

·
Registered
26 Posts
A car for sale at my mechanic in Belgium near the port of Antwerp.
All over Europe and also in Belgium old are very often not anymore allowed in even small cities.
I saw the car and thought it to be nice and cute although I didn't really inspect it. If I was in the market for such a model I would definitely be interested.
Price 13 500 € = ca 11 100 USD
I believe it to be a sale on commission.
Detailed pictures can be arranged
https://www.gta-italiancars.be/merken/

·
Premium Member
21,212 Posts
A local guy just imported a nice 1750 Berlina to the Bay Area from Italy, cost him just under $6500 door to door for shipping, customs, storage, insurance, fees. So there's that.
Andrew

·
Premium Member
21,212 Posts
I don't see anything that make me too nervous. It is a dealer so it's a little higher than ideal, but dealers do have to get more for their cars.
Andrew

·
Registered
35 Posts
Yeah, with the closing of Omega Motorsports it seems like there are few options on the LA Westside. Here's one possible lead; not a recommendation because I have not actually done business with them: Star Autosport (https://starautosport.com) on Sepulveda in West LA, about 5 miles from Marina Del Rey. I know of them only because I drove by one Saturday, saw a nice GTV parked in front, and stopped to chat. They seem legit, have a clean and professional looking shop, and are car enthusiasts. They work on quite a range of older sports and sporty cars. Probably not inexpensive; maybe worth a call.

Logan
Omega did not close, just moved and changed the name. Uwe is now in Lawndale about 1 block east of Hawthorne on Marine, 4228 Marine Ave doing business as Backer Motorsports. He takes care of my Super when I get lazy or in over my head.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts