Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi All
Has any one done or know someone who has, installed a power steering rack & pump onto a turbo 75? This is a Nord 1.8 turbo 4 cylinder engine, not the V6.

I am in the UK, and have a LHD 75 (Milano) turbo from Italy, but the steering is non assisted. As it has RSR suspension, the steering is really heavy, to the point I don't want to drive it!!

Any advice would be great.

Thanks Dave

·
Premium Member
15,866 Posts
Don't remember if you can change the caster on the Milano, but if you can, you can change the steering effort by readjusting/reducing the caster. Did this on an Alfetta sedan we owned, the steering being sooo heavy. PO couldn't stand that much steering effort so sold the car to us. We had adjusted/reduced the caster and the problem basically went away. Put 180k miles on that sucker with no problems.

Later, when he had a chance to drive the car, was very surprised, and wished he had known that, wouldn't have sold the car, lol.

Give it a try anyway.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for that Del. I know it has the RSR coilover front shocks and lowered from the previous owner, so I will have to look at that.
It does has front tie / control arms, so you can adjust the caster.
I didn't realise that it would make that much difference, but you have done this in the past and it worked.
Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
I reduced the caster on my V6 when I removed the power steering. It does help but it's not the same as having the assist. The only time I miss the power steering is when parking. I don't miss the annual puddles of power steering fluids.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts