Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

Maybe a stupid question, but I bought a book (alfazioso) which described als the 2600de Luxe or OSI.
They were talking that the option list in the 60's mentioned also power steering!
Does anybody know if this really was on the option list and if so, what steering box was used for this?

Yes, again a question about the steering box...........

·
Registered
9,850 Posts
This is a shot of Gippo Salvetti's blue OSI 2600 with chassis number 395012. I presume what we see is power steering, not air conditioning. Unfortunately, no details of the steering box are visible, but I presume that information can be found with some patience.

Attachments

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It sure looks like a power steering system to me.
When I look at some other parts, I think the conversion to this specs will be not that easy, because I think finding the pieces you need will be the known needle in the hay stack?

But thanks for your quick reply. I will check the net if I can find more info on this subject.

Saluti Cordiale!

·
Push hard and live
11,486 Posts
The Alfa (FNM) power steering system that I have includes pump, steering box, reservoir, engine mounting bracket, and hoses. The above picture appears to show the reservoir as being part of the pump, whereas the later unit I have uses a remote reservoir. Also, the pictured system appears to use dual belts where my later one uses a single belt. The big challenge to look out for is that Alfa seems to have used a different crankshaft and water pump pulley when using power steering, and the grooves do not line up with the standard pulleys. Thus, I can imagine great difficulty in locating the appropriate pulleys, even though the steering gear and pump could be found. You'd probably have to have the pulleys made.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts