Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1978 Alfa Romeo Spider
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all! New to the forum so looking forward to engaging! I have a '78 spider with a power loss issue. When I turn the ignition key I get nothing. The battery is good, I have reconditioned and charged it. I have power to fuses 1-4 but not 5-8. I have a hot (live) connection into the back of the ignition switch. Whilst lights and functions on the car don't work (inc fuel pump), the glove box light does! I am not super technical, but I have used my voltage meter on various live connections to the motor. The alternator shows power to it etc. So, 'thinking' I have a bad ignition switch, but also maybe something between the battery and the fusebox? Any help would be massively appreciated as I would love the project of resolving myself vs taking it to the shop ... I really am not technical :( !

·
Premium Member
86 Veloce
889 Posts
Do you have one of papajam's color wiring diagrams? If not, send me a message with your email address and I will send you one.
You can now attach files in a private conversation!!

·
Registered
1978 Alfa Romeo Spider
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just to sign off on this issue, I found the ground to the battery was slightly loose! Stripped it down and added a new bolt, reattached and everything is working!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts