Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi everyone,
I recently started helping a guy with a Giulietta and have a question that
I was hoping someone might help me with.
This has power going in and should all 3 be hot coming out?
The owner thought it might have some kind of bimetallic circuit breaker in
it. I am not getting any power out of the bottom 2 .
thanks
Also it has an electronic distributor with 2 wires coming out. Do they just go to the coil +,- ?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
This is mine as it was wired.

I don't have a multimeter at hand at the moment to check what is connected to what, but the wiring diagram seems to suggest that all four terminals are interconnected.

I'll check tomorrow.

Chris

Attachments

·
Registered
707 Posts
The block is only a junction point to distribute power to several red wires, mounted under the dash to the right of the steering column.
The "U" shaped wire is a jumper wire that connect the 2 pairs of terminals which are not connected internally so that all terminals are live.
DB

·
Registered
7,749 Posts
As Dave says it is a Terminal board for bundling 4 hot leads to one to the fuse box. Without it, all these leads would have to squeeze on to on single side of the hot fuse which is tantamount to stringing a clothesline through the eye of a needle. The 4 terminals should all be interconnected. Any external loops are redundant. U.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Although it seems unnecessary the "U" shaped jumper wire is required.
The terminals are internally connected in pairs only. The 2 pairs then have to be linked externally by the jumper wire to connect all the terminals.
DB

·
Registered
7,749 Posts
Although it seems unnecessary the "U" shaped jumper wire is required.
The terminals are internally connected in pairs only. The 2 pairs then have to be linked externally by the jumper wire to connect all the terminals.
DB
Dave, thanks for the correction. I was going by the schematic..and a poorer memory. Can't fool electrons. Sorry I might have led you or anyone astray, Chris. Wimperingly yours, uncle

·
Registered
212 Posts
Can someone tell or show where this junction box is placed on a Sprint?

·
Registered
7,749 Posts
As recall, there should be a lone threaded weld nut somewhere high on the firewall or box sections under the dash. It is not randomly held in place with a sheet metal screw.

·
Registered
212 Posts
I looked in the car and indeed on the right side of steering column I see a captive nut in the reinforcement section. I didn't look there before because my wires seems to short to reach that position. Have a look tomorrow if I can re-position the harness a bit.

Thx Uncle!

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
That screw is where it goes. What wires go in and out of the block very by model to model. Example drawing is my 750E. The part that will interest you is the interconnections internal to the block.

Attachments

1 - 17 of 17 Posts