Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not for me.

If I brought home another ailing Spider, I think my wife would kick me out. My job around the house is to kill spiders, not rehabilitate them.

I just posted it because I thought there might be someone in the area looking for a project. I already have mine.

·
Premium Member
4,516 Posts
don't think it is a 89 more like 82-84 model, air dam ' under ' the bumper, not one peice
Its an 86 to 89. 82 did not have the metal spoiler. All the 83 and later spoilers are 3 pieces. The met. blue paint came on 86 and later spiders. Third brake lights came on the late 86 and later model years.

$1650 is a good buy. Body looks good and the interior is nice. Most spiders that cheap have trashed seats.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Its an 86 to 89. 82 did not have the metal spoiler. All the 83 and later spoilers are 3 pieces. The met. blue paint came on 86 and later spiders. Third brake lights came on the late 86 and later model years.

$1650 is a good buy. Body looks good and the interior is nice. Most spiders that cheap have trashed seats.
I think 86-89 also since it has the monopod dash and center brake light.

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
That made me chuckle... ALL Alfas are money pits running or not. If you don't want to get involved in one buy a Toyota Camry. LOL.
Amen, brother. I was going to say the same thing myself. There is not an Alfa out there which will not require some kind of additional investment, either now or later. If you ever find a perfect Alfa spider requireing nothing further $$ wise, buy it and put it in a museum.

Robert

·
Registered
7 Posts
Amen, brother. I was going to say the same thing myself. There is not an Alfa out there which will not require some kind of additional investment, either now or later. If you ever find a perfect Alfa spider requireing nothing further $$ wise, buy it and put it in a museum.

Robert
This can be said of any 25 year old car. The real question is whether Alfa Spiders require more maintenance & repairs than similarly aged cars & if these are more expensive than average.

·
Premium Member
1,574 Posts
near running at parts car price

I've seen worse conditioned parts cars offered for 2K. I think it's a good deal. Like the seller says, the good tranny alone is worth the asking price. I'd love to swap the tranny with the one in my '88 Quad because 2nd gear grinds coming from 1st or 3rd in my Quad.
And Spokane is only a few hundred miles from me. I'd buy that car myself if I had garage space (and my wife was out of the country for a few months). :)

·
Premium Member
886 Posts
That looks like a lot of car for $1650. Not too awful that you would be seriously under water, and I'd wager the idle problem could be solved without too much expenditure. He's spent a lot on valuable, crucial parts, and there would be plenty of scope to part it out if worse came to worse. Surely worth a closer look ?
But what on earth happened to the door seals...mad dog ?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts