Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I know the pinstripe material for velour GTV6 Recaro seats has been NLA for quite awhile now, i came across a Porsche 928 for sale which had a remarkably similar pinstripe material. I had a quick look and it appears it is available from a few suppliers.

The anorak in me counted the pinstripes to be about 20 stripes for the porker vs 22 stripes across the seats for the GTV6 (perhaps the porker seats are wider tho). Has anyone tried them out? Who wants to be the guinea pig?

·
Premium Member
1,230 Posts
That's a really good find.

·
Premium Member
1986 Alfa Romeo GTV6
382 Posts
Looking at your pics now i see my car doesn't match. I have full leather seats but my doors are like yours. HUM!:unsure:

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Looking at your pics now i see my car doesn't match. I have full leather seats but my doors are like yours. HUM!:unsure:
They are just photos i found on google but yes mine is similar to that photo. The velour is fairly hard wearing but it fades quite badly to an almost brown shade.. especially in hotter climates. Your seats would have been replaced at some stage. We never had leather in Aus as an option but it seems to be common in the US.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Coincidentally, this popped up on the GTV6 facebook page .

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes i posted that on FB but not much interest there. After looking at a non-faded portion of the seats, there definitely is a bit of a grey / green tinge to the pinstripes, so not quite as close as first thought!

·
Registered
78 Posts
I've just purchased a used set of these seats, and the fabric is in much better condition than I expected. I could take a picture of a sample of the Porker fabric side by side with the Recaro-style Alfa fabric...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts