Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Post up a picture of youre Milano's rims or which you think would look the best. I think these BBS are sweet!!! I will throw something like those on my Milano when I get one (hopefully the hold pattern will match).

p.s. I better not see a Milano with these!!! :mad:
Oh yeah thats Chips car (aka alfaracer75) with my BBS's hahaha!

Attachments

·
Supporting Vendor
4,365 Posts
Last time I checked BBS was not importing any wheels to the US with a 5 x 98 hole pattern. So - you would probably need to get 5 x 100 wheels with the right offset and have them re-drilled and have custom hubcentric rings made up.

It's a lot of work, but it can be done.

·
Supporting Vendor
4,365 Posts
What you ideally want is a "hubcentric" wheel - that is, if your hub is 100mm, the center bore of the wheel should be 100mm. That way the wheel is securely centered on the hub (elimates possibility of vibrations) and the wheel studs only press the wheel into the hub and don't have to support the weight of the car.

For example, if the 100mm hub from above was fitted with a wheel with a center bore of 110mm, the only thing centering the wheel on the hub would be even tightening of the lugs. So, you could purchase a centering ring that would fit inside the center bore of the wheels and have an inner diameter of 100mm, which would then make the wheel "hubcentric".

The 100mm example is of course huge. I think the actual center bore for a GTV6/Milano wheel is 58.1mm.

·
Premium Member
1,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Never knew that, now that you explained it, I totally visualize it.

Thanks a grip,
Joecab

·
Registered
2,414 Posts
Here's my wife's Verde with OZ Racing lookalikes, off a 164Q4. Had to drill out the center to fit a Milano hub, but otherwise it was plug and play.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,414 Posts
and here's Giovanni's hopped up red 75, with documented >200hp, in European Car. I forget which issue, but Pablo Mazlumian had a three-Milano shootout and this was the wickedest one in that issue.

Wheels are Team Dynamics 16x7" I think. These come from the factory in Milano/75/GTV6 fitment. No drilling necessary. Put your tires on and go!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thats a sweet street car. 200hp on what kind of engine? 18.turbo? What was it stock?

·
Premium Member
1,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks Nizam, I liked the article. Post some more.

By the way, are you going to attend Streets of Willow in February?

·
Registered
2,414 Posts
Here's my brother's 75 with another Team Dynamics 16x7.5 wheel. Once again, out of the box in 5x98 and comes with hubcentric rings. Wheel has been used to great success on the street (aesthetics) and also on the track (look up track times on the AROSC website for car number "75").

Attachments

·
Registered
2,414 Posts
Yes, I'll be at the school (well, more than likely depending on family priorities).

I haven't written up about driving schools in awhile even though I've been to about 6 of 'em since the late 90's.

Here's one that I did write up about; if you haven't gone, Simon, you have no excuse! You're right up the road from there!

http://www.nizam.com/ws0500.html

Pssst - heads up to those who were not at the last Time Trial/Race: the rental charges for the Streets of Willow is going up and so will the cost of the school! So, this will be the LAST time you will see $165 for a two-day Street Performance class.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts