Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm coming close to making a paint color decision on my 73 GTV2000, which I think I have narrowed down to Biancospino (white) and Grigio Indago - a color I love in pictures but have never seen in real life. (If anyone has a car painted this color in the CT/NY area - holler - I'd love to see it.)

If you have a GTV, especially a 2000 painted in either of these colors, or one of the other light, nonmetallic Grigio colors, please post pics of the car and any experiences you had in getting the paint job you have (brand of paint used, 1 stage, etc).

I'm posting 2 pics I stole from the BB as reference points.

looking forward!

Attachments

·
Registered
539 Posts

Two stage Standox. Primed and blocked twice all body work refined to a 240 scratch before priming. The scratch refinement before priming is very important for a long lasting paint job.

·
Premium Member
257 Posts
a couple of greys

If you look through the "...105 photos only" there's a '70 GT Junior in "lunar mist aka light grey" which the owner says is factory in post #5, and another "grigio indago" in post #304.
I didn't record the whites.
I'm considering a non-metalic grey, too.
Richard B.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Hawthorn White (AR 013) '66 GT Veloce

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
Your car looks spectacular. I really like the side marker deletes, the lack of bumper overriders and the US signal lights below the bumper - and the pentastars as well .... and white.

Two stage Standox. Primed and blocked twice all body work refined to a 240 scratch before priming. The scratch refinement before priming is very important for a long lasting paint job.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I presume you mean Grigio Indaco (Indigo Grey) which is AR Paint Code: AR735 or AR753, depending on supplier, etc.

Apologies but the car is not complete - 1967 GT junior with many Alfaholics bits being prepared by Alex Jupe at
http://www.alexjupemotorsport.co.uk

for AR paint codes, see http://www.alfabb.com/bb/forums/car...fa-romeo-color-chart-reference-materials.html

My car is in the pictures below - same colour but the poor lighting makes it seems a bit darker in some photos but is definitely AR735

HTH

Another nice Grey is this Grigio Medio Metallizzato Metallic Medium Grey (AR 728) on the car below - shamelessly nicked from the Alfaholics site.

·
Registered
328 Posts
My GTV 2000 1972 in Grigio Chiaro AR 727 with red leather interior trim and Turbina wheels. Rides on lowered suspension with Eibachs and Konis.

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts