Alfa Romeo Forums banner

41 - 60 of 1392 Posts

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
papajam,

It sounds like you're up in a remote region. I hope you've got some great twisty roads on your way home! Wish I did. Nothing but 9,000 miles of grid here. I estimate 60 miles from Long Beach to the foothills and 150 miles from the San Fernando Valley to San Diego.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Is it just me, or does any one else think the Jaguar XJ and GTV rearends look similar? I've been meaning to get down to the local Jag repair shop and take some side-by-side photos. How's this?

Attachments

·
Trained (ex)Professional, , 1953-2018 RIP,
16,232 Posts
67GTV said:
papajam,
It sounds like you're up in a remote region. I hope you've got some great twisty roads on your way home!.....
Yeah, kinda remote. Here's a pic of some of the driveway. Our backyard borders on a 3000+ acre wildlife management area (hence, all the bear).
The local roads not only have some pretty decent twisties but they're also devoid of commuters! :D

Attachments

·
Registered
203 Posts
I dream of garages...

as a city Dweller renting a room in an apartment... I dream of garages. I am actually looking for a carriage house apt. or a garage apt. Where I can keep the spider (if it ever gets through the insurance red tape and the guy at the body shop can start on it) for the winter and not clutter up my only closet in the house with all the spare tools that don't fit in the truck. So if anyone hears of a reasonable carriage house apt with garage space available within a 30 mile radius of Midtown Manhattan, do let me know.

In the mean time, I shall look at all your garages and be very very jealous! A lot of you guys are really neat! Impressive!

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
Here's mine. Underneath the vinyl siding it's really a post-and-beam barn (not my fault!). Funny, looking at the photo there appears to be more room inside than it seems when I'm in there trying to work on something.

You can't see most of the clutter.

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
memphis raines said:
you need some ramps to the upper floor.
There's a stair inside, but it's tough getting around the stuff in the way. And some things just plain don't fit up the stairway. There's also a hatch on the side; what I need is a pulley system.

·
Premium Member
6,681 Posts
Looks like someone chopped a roof off another GTV or is that a GTC with modified front end? If it is a chopped GTV, you should get in contact with member GTVMAN, he is trying to figure out how to make a top frame for his car.

·
Registered
371 Posts
I am also very very very sad. Because the car in foto that Mark_27 (geia sou giorgaki) has sent is (or better was someday) an original Giulia Sprint GTC!!! :( :mad: :eek: :mad: :mad:

·
Registered
371 Posts
Dear Jorgen,

hi, again from nino. I am afraid it isn't so simple. Someone has replaced also the rear panel with this one of a GT Veloce 2000 (large lights instead of small), the car lacks its dashboard (wears a Giulia Super's one and the front seats also) and worst of all instead of having standing pedals now has hanging.

See by yourself.

Attachments

·
Registered
371 Posts
This is nino again. Sorry about the mistake with your name, I meant Kai.

The thing is that this car's missing so many original parts that it will cost you a fortune to restore it.

PS especially if you consider that it is for sale for about $9.000!

41 - 60 of 1392 Posts