Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1979 Sprint Veloce
65 Posts
'79 Sprint Veloce. Received delivery a few weeks ago from Jake (81gtv6) in New Hampshire. Now happily living in Philly (hopefully will have my garage space around the corner cleared out some time this summer). Mechanically very sound. Weber conversion, lowered, Koni Sports, 27mm front sway bar, 25mm rear, WOW it handles amazingly. Crappy idle, but otherwise great in all other revs (I'm thinking the idle jets need to be replaced with ones slightly richer).

Most of the work I'll be doing is cosmetic: paint correction, minor surface rust repair (which I've started), bang out little dents here and there. Just put in a nice Alpine stereo that I had lying around, but it's no match for the throaty carbs and obnoxiouis Abarth exhaust, LOL. I have a set of nice Ronal A1s to replace the Turbinas, and a set of Euro bumpers on the way from Holland. Aftermarket sunroof was killed by a tree and replaced with plastic; my fantasy is a sliding ragtop sunroof. Interior is ratty, so that's a project. No leaks, no bad smells, so much fun to blast around the nearby twisty roads... it'll be a drive-it-as-I-restore-it-to-presentability project. It's already turning heads :)

I'll start a thread soon to document my progress.

20200407_113428.jpg

·
Registered
795 Posts
IMG_0752.jpg

another 76 track car/rally, Reno, NV

·
Registered
848 Posts
This is the first one I owned, for far too short a time. 1976 2000 Spica injected. Completely stock, with American raised stance. Original LeMans Blue. Local NY car all its life. Outstanding interior. Some rust beginning in engine bay, quarter panels. Sold it in 2009. It was spotted for sale some years ago on Cape Ann, MA.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts