Alfa Romeo Forums banner

3641 - 3660 of 5843 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
A great looking S3 Spider there Poodler!
Thanks Smestas - Looks well but closer inspection reveals a few dents and bubbles. It is just back from an engine rebuild so next I'll tackle the interior then it will be a few years until a full body job by which stage it should be perfect and ready for the young lady in the driver's seat to get her hands on it. Luckily for me, it had a very rich PO in the early 90s who put right most of the factory gremlins - it's a true Alfa Friday special, manufactured on Fri 4th Jan 85, what were the chances of impeccable workmanship that day?

·
448 Posts
I know what you mean, easy to start flying....that is why I like cruse control....Hmmm, I should look into putting one in my spiider

GTV is out of storage and ready for some summer driving! Managed to get a speeding ticket shortly after this was snapped.....it really did NOT seem like I was doing 90 mph....time to go to traffic court!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hello everybody! Here is couple photos of my 75 TS -88. Original car now, but few mod`s on the way...

Thank you V6 for winter photos!

·
Registered
3,807 Posts
Nice car. I like the snow pics. How does your 75 handle in the snow? A guy I was talking to a while ago said that he had one when he lived in the US and it was very poor in the snow, which surprised me. Maybe he had a non LSD model or was a bad driver, or the car had problems.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Nice car. I like the snow pics. How does your 75 handle in the snow? A guy I was talking to a while ago said that he had one when he lived in the US and it was very poor in the snow, which surprised me. Maybe he had a non LSD model or was a bad driver, or the car had problems.
Thanks. I think it is one of the best rwd-cars for winter. With proper tires and LSD it is very fast on snow and ice. Almost impossible to spin over. Very balanced car on any surface.

·
Registered
3,807 Posts
Thanks. I think it is one of the best rwd-cars for winter. With proper tires and LSD it is very fast on snow and ice. Almost impossible to spin over. Very balanced car on any surface.
You have confirmed what I would have thought would be the case. We don't have snow here in South Australia so I probably won't get to find out what my 75 is like in those conditions.

·
Registered
198 Posts
You have confirmed what I would have thought would be the case. We don't have snow here in South Australia so I probably won't get to find out what my 75 is like in those conditions.
Oz, I've done a few grass gymkhanas with my 75 TS, one of which was pretty wet, so although not as slippery as snow, plenty slippy enough. HEAPS of fun and the car can be easily balanced with the throttle. A lot to be said for that limited slip diff, you can really hook the back end up and drift along.

If you hear of your local club organising one then get along and have a go. About as close as you'll get to the low traction experiance of snow. And a good way of learing how your car will behave if you really let it hang out!

·
Registered
81 Posts
The job was "complete", i.e. stripping of bumpers, mirrors, trims, etc. and included removal of two small (<1") rust spots and he resparyed the wheels with a color recommended on this forum. The only reason I got her painted is that my mechanic mentioned a guy had started his own gig (after doing high end jobs for a shop in the Bay Area)and was doing great work for a low price. Once I confirmed that through a few quotes and references I had it done. I know 80's vintage Spider's aren't worth a lot and this was not an investment for resale (is there such a thing for Alfa's past early 70's?) but the car looks as good as it is fun to drive and I have the garage space (until I buy a GTV!). If anyone in the Bay Area is looking for a good guy that know's Alfa's I'll give you his number.

3641 - 3660 of 5843 Posts