Alfa Romeo Forums banner

2141 - 2160 of 6036 Posts

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
Here's something ya don't see everyday! Camped out with the kids at Mid-Ohio for the Vintage Races.......
The red one is gt601's, the black one is mine.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
the black one is mine.
OMG!!:eek::eek:

Look how dirty the black car is!!!!

It also looks really slow!!

On the way home I called the woman from Carrollton. Told her that I would meet her at the club in 25 or 30 minutes. Hooked up with a 911 Carrera and was in Louisville in 26 minutes.:p oops!! Hit 135 if the speedo is right.
Had a blast at the races fellas.

Paul

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Those black and red cars are two of the BEST looking camping SUV's i have ever seen!!! LOL!!!!! Very nice looking cars!!!!!

·
Registered
325 Posts
Finally

I got my Giulia on the road again - after having a new 40% torsen LSD fitted - yet to try out on a track day and the carbs and/or timing need som adjustment. It hesitates a bit when giving it gas - even though I have rebuilt the carb during the winter.
So here is how it looks with the Alfaholics 7x15" GTA replicas fitted. It now runs 195/60 Pirelli P6000.
As it shows on the pictures, my '72 Guilia is lowered substantially rear and front. Nice profile/rake!!
Only issue I have had were solved very quickly - rear right hand outer had slight rub on the outer casing where tire meets the lip of the rear panel. Soled this by bending the panel out slightly - only needed another 2mm clearance.
On the front right the wheel rubbed, making it totally impossible to make a left hand turn - real head turner when we drove the car from one garage to the workshop - each corner had us stopping and reversing in order to make the turn.
Solved this by adjusting the camber of the wheel which has give enough clearance.

I am quite pleased with the result and find the wheels a really nice match to the car - opinions!!??

Attachments

·
Registered
5,799 Posts
I got my Giulia on the road again...I am quite pleased with the result and find the wheels a really nice match to the car - opinions!!??
My friend, that is true beauty! I love the wheels...they really are fantastic wheels for ANY 105 series car. The stance, color, lines...to me, it looks perfect! Well done!:)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Very nice...sweet! It shows the time and care taken in finishing this neat ride. Love the rake...

·
Registered
23 Posts
Alfadawg.......
did you have trouble finding the Alfa in parking lots before you added the "Le Mans" stripe kit and gold wheels?
;^)
Actually, now. I must confess, this was not an original idea. I saw the cover of an 70's Road and Track magazine with a care from Stuttgart, a 911 done in metallic silver with the stripes. After my ex crashed my red spider, I decided to do the repair in a pearl white with candy painted stripes. It was truly an eye catcher.....

·
Premium Member
6,243 Posts
I got my Giulia on the road again - after having a new 40% torsen LSD fitted - yet to try out on a track day and the carbs and/or timing need som adjustment. It hesitates a bit when giving it gas - even though I have rebuilt the carb during the winter.
So here is how it looks with the Alfaholics 7x15" GTA replicas fitted. It now runs 195/60 Pirelli P6000.
As it shows on the pictures, my '72 Guilia is lowered substantially rear and front. Nice profile/rake!!
Only issue I have had were solved very quickly - rear right hand outer had slight rub on the outer casing where tire meets the lip of the rear panel. Soled this by bending the panel out slightly - only needed another 2mm clearance.
On the front right the wheel rubbed, making it totally impossible to make a left hand turn - real head turner when we drove the car from one garage to the workshop - each corner had us stopping and reversing in order to make the turn.
Solved this by adjusting the camber of the wheel which has give enough clearance.

I am quite pleased with the result and find the wheels a really nice match to the car - opinions!!??
What is the color?

·
Certified Oldschooler
7,048 Posts
All Dressed Up

And ready for summer. Mechanical rehab, interior restore and new top/rear drape working now. Let her run.

Attachments

·
Registered
23 Posts
The Cabriolet

A few pics of my 88' Quad Cabriolet

Pretty much have completed the mini restoration of this my silver Quad. I bought it off Ebay year ago. With 63K documented miles, I bought it sight unseen in New Jersey and shipped it to Cleveland, Tennessee. Before the shipment, I paid to have it inspected and we were good to go. No body rust at all. WOW. The paint is a low end repaint, but it works for now.

All the mechanics were checked and good to go except the tach. Changed all fluids and complete check over. The work was done by Charlie Lupo at European Auto Service here in Cleveland. Front end checked out pretty wsell, replaced a tie rod end and alignment.

Wheels by Ronal R38...15 X 7 with painted r fed calipers. Very light and handles great.

The Cabriolet

Complete re-design of the tonnau cover...with the Cabriolet Design done in water repellent black canvas. I think it really changes the look of the car. The clover was embroidered.

Complete new interior...the red carpet was pretty well a goner. All new Grey carpet, new door panels in pleated Grey, new carpeted panel behind the seats and complete Grey carpet in the trunk. New custom black floor mats with embroidered clover and shift boot. Since I am a non smoker, I removed the ashtray and replaced it with a fitting to hold my 40GB MP3 player and then wired it to the Pioneer car stereo. So with over 5000 songs on the player, I won't hurt for any traveling tunes. I did not do the seats...leather was still good for a season or so.

It has been a lot of fun. Next, I need to detail the engine...

Vaughn

Attachments

·
Certified Oldschooler
7,048 Posts
Very nice Spider. More pics!! Is it a 68 or 69? I think it looks beter without the US side marker lights actually. And a cleaner trunk line.

I note the S/N is the same as mine? Waaaas up on that? Mine is a 10562.1480323. Didn't know they doubled up on S/N's.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hey Anfanuts.

How embarrasing - I mixed up the numbers. My VIN is 1480303. I had visited your profile just before uploading and were supprised to find one so close. - You can say, that our Spiders are twins !!

According to the Alfa factory my Spider was buildt on October 17th 1968 and sold to Alfa Newark on October 24th. 1968

It returned to Europe in 1989 - to England - and it came to Denmark in 2006 and I bought it last fall. I have a nice record of it since 1989, but know absolutly nothing about the UShistory. Do you think, that it is possible to find some informations through some official archivs ?

There is some pictures on:

Welcome to GAZ veteran - By Jens Anton Dalgaard - Denmark

and I have more pics yet not uploaded

yours

Jens Anton

2141 - 2160 of 6036 Posts