Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
'64 Spider Normale (Bought new), now "abnormale"; '91 Spider Veloce
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While I'm replacing the carpets in my S4, I'm going down a few unanticipated paths. As seen in the attached thumbnail image, can I insert a wand and spray, but will that reach any/all internal components? Alternatively, are there access holes covered with plugs underneath the car?
BTW, I'm looking to use KBS Coatings CAVITY COATER (P/N 75100). IMG-2084.jpg Any experience with this product?

·
Registered
749 Posts
There are rubber plugs in each wheel well, behind the front tire, and in the rear in front of the rear tire.you might have to surch for them, under the undercoating that they spray on. Remove the plugs and you can get a wand into them. I rinse my sill out once a year with fresh water, when it gets hot here, like 100-110 degrees, this way I know they will dry out.

·
Registered
6,806 Posts
Rocker design is actually 3 pieces. Outer middle and inner rocker. All spot welded together at the bottom. You can't get to all of the spaces from one side. The pros drill additional holes and install plugs when done.

·
Registered
8,049 Posts
what you don't want to do is let the spray wax harden and block the thin drain slots underneath.
you need a warm environment or at least to warm the stuff first (stick the can in a bucket of hot water) to make it very fluid so it flows out the drains before hardening up.

Looking at a dinol cavity wax plan I have (S3 but same thing), they sure show a helluva lot of points where to spray, or drill and spray, or whether to block the holes or to leave open....I mean if alfa did that from day one we'd all have near perfect cars:)

oh and this is my favorite photo off an alfa spider rocker:)
sill cross section spider.jpg

1 - 7 of 7 Posts