Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
1984 GTV6, 1973 Berlina, 1987 Milano
1,819 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While I was replacing my rear bearings I noticed that the sway bar end link bushings were getting pretty rough.

I figured if i waa going to replace them I might as well upgrade to poly as well. But the one brand I could find was $50 for a set I believe.

So I did a little research and found these Energy Suspension bushings. They sell complete end links as well, but I preferred to keep the original hardware in case i hate them and want to go back to stock rubber.

Total price including shipping was about $25 from Summit Racing Products. The part number is 9.8103g. You can also get them in red. Most of the ones available in stock at Autozone etc have too small an inner diameter.

It took less than 30 minutes to replace them, you just need 2 17mm wrenches and a 19mm deep socket or ratcheting wrench.

·
Registered
195 Posts
While I was replacing my rear bearings I noticed that the sway bar end link bushings were getting pretty rough.

I figured if i waa going to replace them I might as well upgrade to poly as well. But the one brand I could find was $50 for a set I believe.

So I did a little research and found these Energy Suspension bushings. They sell complete end links as well, but I preferred to keep the original hardware in case i hate them and want to go back to stock rubber.

Total price including shipping was about $25 from Summit Racing Products. The part number is 9.8103g. You can also get them in red. Most of the ones available in stock at Autozone etc have too small an inner diameter.

It took less than 30 minutes to replace them, you just need 2 17mm wrenches and a 19mm deep socket or ratcheting wrench.
So, are those for the bottom of sway bar at the attachment at the beam on the Dedeume...? Not at the sway bat it's self. Correct. I installed what I thought was two piece poly bushings in the sway bar.. But they were too big.. From Center Line.. I forced them in.. For now they work... But will replace them when I find correct one's...
Thanks T

·
Premium Member
1,819 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My sway bar has them at both ends of the links. I know there are two different styles. My Milano has the other style.

I will snap a photo of the link just to clarify.

Reactions: TomSperow

·
Registered
982 Posts
It would be helpful if you would state which of your Alfas you are working on.

·
Premium Member
534 Posts
Amazon has them (the 9.8103g's) for 11 bucks! Ordered!

·
Premium Member
1,819 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This is the type of link i have. You can see the new bushings, with the lower bushing just peeking out.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
982 Posts
Don't the cupped washers go on the other way?

·
Premium Member
1,819 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That's the way they were when I got it, and i have seen them that wa in other cases as well.

On the shock ends they were reversed.

·
Registered
982 Posts
Usually the cup side cradles the bushing, especially when the rubber is larger and rests just at the edge of the bend. It helps to keep the rubber supported as it ages and compresses. It makes little difference with the urethane, I would guess.

Reactions: slowcreek
1 - 10 of 10 Posts