Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

I spent some time on the car today and used some "Mothers Mag and Aluminum" polish on both the stainless trim around the ****pit and windows, as well as my tail lights. Both turned out quite nice.

The stainless tends to dull down a bit, and show tiny scratches. I thought I'd try the aluminium polish and see how it worked. It really brightens it up. Of course it doesn't look like as bright as chrome, but it has a nice luster to it, and it took minimal effort.

Next I used it on the tail lights. In the first picture you can see the difference where I started to work on the right side vs the dullness of the left. Next picture I had done the entire lens. These have a nice gloss and the yellowing of the lower part of the lens brightened up considerably.

If you try it let me know how it worked!
Robert

Attachments

·
Premium Member
929 Posts
hmmm?

looks good, but isn't your "Alfa Romeo" logo on the wrong side?
VERY observant! That is where the "Veloce" should be or "Spider 2.0", right?

·
But Mad North-Northwest
10,740 Posts
Nice work on the lenses. Wish I'd known to do that back when I had my old ones on the car.

Yeah, badges are flipped. AR goes on right, Spider on left. Not that anyone but the folks on this site would notice or care.

·
Registered
642 Posts
Hi all

I spent some time on the car today and used some "Mothers Mag and Aluminum" polish on both the stainless trim around the ****pit and windows, as well as my tail lights. Both turned out quite nice.
Thanks for the tip!

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah, badges are flipped.
That's true! I preferred the older, "chrome over brass" vs plastic Alfa Romeo script, and I thought it looked/ fit better on this side of the car... but it's certainly not wrong. It's right where I want it to be :grin2:

Btw: The right side of the car is blank.

In regard to the lenses, yes I had been considering getting some new ones since these looked so dull and tired. They really cleaned up nicely, and I don't think it took more than 10 minutes per side.

·
Premium Member
929 Posts
And all that really matters is the owners preference!

the lenses are beautiful!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts