Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Perhaps I'm not referring to it correctly, but Google didn't turn up anything worthwhile.

Essentially an air driven tool that easily compresses the valve springs - and in this case - for a Nord or 8V TS.

I have a giant, unwieldy, mechanical C-clamp type valve compressor, but I'm looking for a tool that greatly simplifies the procedure.

I have a Snap-On tool catalog but not even checking since I know it will be too expensive for my needs.

So other than a $$$nap on, any suggestions as to make and model that work on these heads?

·
Registered
2,984 Posts
I have seen them. they are even more unwieldy.
They start with the C-clamp type valve compressor and have a big bobble on the end where the clamp handle is. it can save time but the risk is more as you can not control the clamp as well. and if it slips you nick the glide for the valve cups.

·
Premium Member
3,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
slyalfa, my machinist, who died last year, had a small unit that he could practically remove or replace the valves & springs in seconds. He just but the ends of the head on blocks and zipped right through it.

·
Registered
2,984 Posts
hmm then check for the estate sale? The guys I have seen are big guys. looks like they just added to the big C type. I would keep a eye on ebay as well shops are closing all the time.

·
Registered
2,984 Posts
BTW "Pneumatic Valve Spring Compressor" seems to be good in google
then hit shopping

1 - 6 of 6 Posts