Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All,

I wanted to relay my experience with PMB Performance for brake caliper restoration on my 1986 GTV6 with the aluminum Brembo calipers.

Two years ago I sent in a set of ugly cores and they came back in less than a month looking brand new with a beautiful finish and the correct factory plating on all hardware. The attention to detail was top notch and they even had the pistons clocked to the proper position (the pistons have to be oriented correctly on these calipers). I was extremely happy with the work and it cost me about $200 a caliper. They worked very well for two years.

Last month I was surprised to find a slight leak from the passenger side inboard piston. I removed the caliper and sent it back to PMB with a note on what happened. I was hoping for a discount since the caliper would not need to be cleaned up, just the leak fixed. To my surprise and delight, they fixed the problem and sent the caliper back in a week. No charge, no shipping cost, and included a free key chain.

I really appreciated their quick turn-around on the fix and not charging anything for repairing a caliper rebuilt two years ago. I'm not at all upset that the caliper leaked. These things happen with our old cars. I'm impressed that PMB fixed the problem fast and for free and really did stand behind their work. I'd recommend them to anybody who wants top notch work with customer service to match.

PMB - Brake Calipers

I've attached a couple of pictures of the caliper and the keychain. Note the caliper has been on the car for two years so it's not pristine but still looks great.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,394 Posts
IMG_2402.jpg

I had PMB rebuild my calipers a couple of years ago as part of my 1974 Spider restoration. I am still putting it back together but have about 300 miles on it. No current photos but have a before and after. I think PMB is a first class operation and am glad I went to them with my calipers.

IMG_2937.jpg

1 - 4 of 4 Posts