Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a 67 Duetto over the internet (out of state) The guy said the top needed some work. Problem, I can't find anybody who sells parts to the Con/top frame. I think I would be best off finding someone who converted a 66-67 into a racer (removed entire top) or someone who is parting out a 66-67.

One question for those in the know...... Do all Roundtails share the same top hardware or do 66-67 differ from 68-69's? I am under the impression that the 66-67 have a different pitch on the front glass frame and in doing so use different top hardware.... PLEASE HELP.

·
Registered
5,799 Posts
They are all the same from '66-'69. To get a new frame (are you sure you need a whole frame?), you can search E-Bay and wait for a deal, or you can get the parts from some of the European Vendors you can find at www.alfacentro.com (look in the resources section under parts vendors).

Good luck! And welcome to the BB!

Cheers,

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Conv/top frame

Hey guys thanx for your info.

Anybody have a 66-69 frame for sale?:D

P.S. happy to be a proud owner of an Alfa.

I am 34 and have wanted a spider since I was 17. I test drove a 84 spider while in high school and was talked out of buying it by my brother. He said they break down too much and the parts are hard to find....

I have another car I drive every day and if my little Alfa breaks down big deal, it's a Sat.-Sun. beach cruiser. I started to look into spiders again about 2 years ago and just fell in love with roundtails. Bought one and love to drive it. I am in the process of restoring it. Hope to meet some of you nice folks at some Alfa gatherings.

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Hey Cali, welcome to AlfaBB! Where in California are you located? There's a huge (supposed to be) show coming up at Woodley Park in Van Nuys this Sunday.

·
--ADMINISTRATOR--chiuso per ferie
12,190 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
67 Duetto parts

67GTV; I live in Aliso Viejo(south O.C.), and work out of Whittier... I wouldn't have problem driving to Van Nuys to see some Aflas. What time is the event? Fires a problem?

Osso: I need the portion that meets the front window screen, I think. I am not all that sure what parts are missing or broken. I just bought the car and took it to Alfa Tech, La Habra, to get some suspension work done and the engine removed (painting the entire car). I kinda need to see a working top to see what's wrong with mine. Instead of looking for little or large pieces, I thought I should just replace the whole **** thing.

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Re: 67 Duetto parts

Cali67Duetto said:
67GTV; I live in Aliso Viejo(south O.C.), and work out of Whittier... I wouldn't have problem driving to Van Nuys to see some Aflas. What time is the event? Fires a problem?
I called the folks that are running the "Best of France [ahem] and Italy" about the fires. They assured me that the show will go on. Sunday, November 2nd, 9am to 5pm at Woodley Park in Van Nuys. www.franceanditaly.com They claimed to have 175 cars last year and hope for more this year. Some one here said it was the 2nd largest Italian car show, next to Monterey! Hope to see you there!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts