Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Miss Alfetta GT, WOW! You are gorgeous my girl! Please show me your ------

and your rear end where your battery hold down is, mine thing just flops around when in use!

ncng

·
Premium Member
13,158 Posts
With smaller, light weight battery.

Attachments

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you for everyone's reply and help, but I can't see any of your pictures? After your messages it just says Attached Images, can't click on it? ncng

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
. . . but I can't see any of your pictures? After your messages it just says Attached Images, can't click on it? ncng
I've seen this complaint over the last couple of months. Hasn't been a issue for me until . . . the last few days. Behaves the same on two separate computers at two different locations. The common denominator is Firefox. Every so often automated updates take place. Perhaps the last one was the difference. Haven't tried another browser as of yet. Other computer issues. Has anyone noticed how much traffic happens nearly continuously with reads, transfers, etc. from numerous website not alfabb? Seems much more that in the past. Also, is anyone else having problems with the 'Tools' drop down on the above bar? No functionality here on either computer. That problem seems new too.

Sorry to dump this here . . . but you asked. :)

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Thanks 75, changing from default to classic now allows the images to be viewed. "New Posts" shows up in the upper tool bar as well. Thing is, I hadn't changed any previously, so the cause is still unknown. Good work around though.

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
Correct dragline... I have been having the same issues you mention. No change in browser, still Chrome. And the only way I can post is to click on GO ADVANCED.

·
Super Moderator
9,979 Posts
battery .... mine thing just flops around when in use!
Back to battery hold-downs.

I do a fair amount of concours judging, both for Alfas and other vintage cars. I'm always surprised with the half-a**ed battery hold downs (and cables/terminals) that people show up with. You'd be amazed by the number of what would otherwise be 90+ point cars that have their batteries secured with bungee cords.

I know that there are a lot of concours haters here on the BB, so let me explain that I'm NOT suggesting that every street Alfa should have factory-correct battery hardware. Stuff from PepBoys can function better than corroded, original parts. But regardless of whether your Alfa is a show car or a commute vehicle, please secure your battery and have sound electrical connections.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Alfajay,

Thanks for your perspective and feedback, #1 I want to make my battery secure, and then OEM or very close to.

So 15 years ago or so I be-friend this guy who have had pain stakenly restore on of my favorite cars all-time a
1972 Lamborghini Miura SV in lime green over black, drop dead gorgeous, every detail was 10/10th's, except the
battery terminals and bungee cords, it look like he got both at the corner .25 cent yard sale!

ncng

Back to battery hold-downs.

I do a fair amount of concours judging, both for Alfas and other vintage cars. I'm always surprised with the half-a**ed battery hold downs (and cables/terminals) that people show up with. You'd be amazed by the number of what would otherwise be 90+ point cars that have their batteries secured with bungee cords.

I know that there are a lot of concours haters here on the BB, so let me explain that I'm NOT suggesting that every street Alfa should have factory-correct battery hardware. Stuff from PepBoys can function better than corroded, original parts. But regardless of whether your Alfa is a show car or a commute vehicle, please secure your battery and have sound electrical connections.

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
OEM. The whole car is a survivor, one previous owner. There is a plastic cover not shown, if you need more pics I can take them.

On another note I use a https://www.braillebattery.com/ in my Alfetta race car as well as my other Italian cars. Costs a little more and only seems to last about two years but weighs only 15 pounds.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
NMMilano, I do have the plastic cover, thanks for the Braille lead. ncng

OEM. The whole car is a survivor, one previous owner. There is a plastic cover not shown, if you need more pics I can take them.

On another note I use a https://www.braillebattery.com/ in my Alfetta race car as well as my other Italian cars. Costs a little more and only seems to last about two years but weighs only 15 pounds.

·
Premium Member
810 Posts
I've owned 14 or so Alfetta GT/GTV6s and they all had the same style battery mount that appears in NMMilano's car. Alfetta coupes were highly unusual in that they all came with 2 battery mounting locations.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts