Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,682 Posts
Yes, it looks like the underfloor clutch MC used on the '69 model year Alfas sold here in the States. Of course, I am only familiar with LHD cars - dunno if the same part was used on '71 RHD models.

It looks like the underfloor clutch MC available from Alfaholics - see http://www.alfaholics.com/2010/07/master-cylinder-standing-pedals/

I don't think that accordian hose around the actuating rod is original. Not clear what function it serves other than to trap moisture.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, it looks like the underfloor clutch MC used on the '69 model year Alfas sold here in the States. Of course, I am only familiar with LHD cars - dunno if the same part was used on '71 RHD models.

It looks like the underfloor clutch MC available from Alfaholics - see Clutch Master cylinder – standing pedals | Classic Alfa Romeo spare parts and accessories

I don't think that accordian hose around the actuating rod is original. Not clear what function it serves other than to trap moisture.

cheers and yes I think i'll lose the hose. haven't restored a Guilia before have done a 78 Spider and just completed a 1985 GTV6 3.0. Having to sell that one as I have no space. Shame as it has come out really nicely

LHD GTV6 3.0 just finished a completed Restoration For Sale (1985) on Car And Classic UK

Thanks
chris

·
Premium Member
22,805 Posts
That long actuating rod might mean RHD, or it might be someone's homespun installation in a nonstock location, such as in a former mechanical-clutch car, needing a long rod.
Andrew

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That long actuating rod might mean RHD, or it might be someone's homespun installation in a nonstock location, such as in a former mechanical-clutch car, needing a long rod.
Andrew
It is a right hand drive so hopefully ok.

cheers

·
Super Moderator
11,682 Posts
Andrew:

That rod is the correct length. The standing pedal - hydraulic clutch set-up used on 1969 model cars here in the US used this rod and cylinder. It isn't obvious why the rod needed to be so long - the cylinder ends up located pretty far back, but of course, it just takes another foot or so of hydraulic line to reach it.

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts