Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My steering started feeling loose this week. When I checked underneath I saw this front suspension part had come loose on the passenger side. Can someone please identify it?

Is this a relatively simple DIY repair? Any special tools required?

Attachments

·
Registered
718 Posts
yes an easy fix if you have a look at the other end of the sway bar you will see how it goes together .you can see in the pic you posted where it has come off the ball on the bottom of the wishbone.

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
If you have to have a front suspension replacement job to do, you could not ask for an easier and cheaper part to need to replace. Good practice for replacing a much harder part later on if necessary.

Robert

·
Premium Member
3,515 Posts
Here is my thread on front suspension change.

Post 29 shows the end link.

As mentioned, not the cheapest part of the suspension to replace and I would recommend you replace the driver side as well as it can't be that far behind.

Good luck,

Vince

·
Trained (ex)Professional, , 1953-2018 RIP,
16,232 Posts
While a broken front end link would result in more front body roll and oversteer during cornering, it has nothing to do with the steering system. Perhaps what you're feeling is a difference in the cars handling? If the steering is indeed loose, that's a different matter entirely.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts