Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi. I am really frustrated with my 1966 Duetto. I bought a really nice Personal steering wheel from an early 1970s Spider, thinking it would work, but the hub is flat on this wheel (the Duetto hub extends down onto the steering column), so the result is that the backside of the steering wheel rubs against the plastic steering column cover and there are not enough threads exposed to securely install the steering wheel.

I can't believe that the only way to have a wooden steering wheel on an early Duetto is to go aftermarket! Can anyone help me with information (or a nice, thick wooden steering wheel)? Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
6,892 Posts
You woun't get any good results trying to fit the second series wheel to a first series Spider. For safty reasons Alfa shortened the steering collum and fitted a deep dish wheel.
Stick with something for an early Duetto.
My '67 has the euro 1750 wood wheel and it fits great ! These come for sale in Europe and sometimes on ebay.

Attachments

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. So a Euro 1750 wheel? What model cars would fit the Duetto? I've been looking around, but no luck I have seen some with no hubs, but where would I get a hub to make it work? Thanks!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts