Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could some one tell me where to get plastic trim that goes around timber. Replacing the timber and polishing is the easy bit, trim a little harder. Been thinking of laser cutting 1mm stainless to patten & polishing. Cheers Jason

·
Registered
279 Posts
Do you mean the silver plastic edge trim around the wooden parts? A very good repro option is available in straight lengths. An AlfaBB member here sold me a few feet of this last fall to do the job with - Paul Leone maybe?. It requires care to fit (as it needs to be heated and stretched a bit to form around the corners) and I'd suggest getting a bit extra to practice with, but looks very good. It's a tiny bit thicker than the original stuff, but that wasn't a fit problem for me. I'm quite happy with the results.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Sure - I can do that, but likely not until early next week. The car is not garaged at my apartment and I'll be working out of town for the next couple of days. I'll try to snap pics on Sunday and upload them Monday perhaps.

·
Trained (ex)Professional, , 1953-2018 RIP
16,232 Posts
Yes, Outwater Plastics has what's called metallic u-channel moulding (although it's made of plastic). Part number 1964 I think. Easy to work with and looks great. However, being a little thicker than the original trim required sanding the edges of the veneer a few thousanths of an inch so everything would fit correctly.
The top channel in the first pic is the original; new stuff on the bottom.

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts