Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sooo my Alfetta used to be SPICA, and I converted to carbs (the proper way, not those stupid kits with the adapter blocks). There's a line that runs from the crank breather to the plastic canister that sits above the tank and it ruins the aesthetic of the engine since it just kind of sits there. Anyone actually know what that tank is for so maybe I can get rid of that stupid line?
Motor vehicle Automotive air manifold Automotive exterior Automotive design Gas

·
Premium Member
2,249 Posts
Fuel vapour recovery from gas tank venting. I believe there should be a slight vacuum on that line. Do any of your carb throats have a vacuum nipple, you could reroute to that and put a restrictor in it.

·
Registered
380 Posts
I removed mine, as well as the plastic cannister that sits above the tank. Same as you - SPICA to Webers - conversion done the right way...! You can find the crank breather without that little nipple or just plug it right there.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Fuel vapour recovery from gas tank venting. I believe there should be a slight vacuum on that line. Do any of your carb throats have a vacuum nipple, you could reroute to that and put a restrictor in it.
I got a buddy that says his runs fine without it, but he has an old 60's Giulia intake with a sing downdraft weber 2 barrel on it. I don't have any vacuum ports on the carbs, they're just normal dellorto dhla 40s.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts