Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In an effort to rid my '83 GTV6 of all the plastic I can, I have a question. Is it possible to use the older alfetta rear quarter insert instead of the OE GTV6 part? Does anyone have a line on those? Does anyone have any interest in doing away with that? Maybe collectively we could get something CnC'd?

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Did you receive my e-mail on the distributor you had asked for? I send pix to show condition, serial number, etc. If you don't want it, I can put it back on the shelf. If my e-mail got lost in the ozone, I can send again.

Cheers, Peter

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Did you receive my e-mail on the distributor you had asked for? I send pix to show condition, serial number, etc. If you don't want it, I can put it back on the shelf. If my e-mail got lost in the ozone, I can send again.

Cheers, Peter
Please send again

·
Registered
54 Posts
I have a pair of the metal vent style inserts from my '79 parts car. If that's what you're looking for just send a PM.
Thanks
Hampton

·
Premium Member
2,624 Posts
Got to cut the gutter off to make them fit. GiGi has this modification. The Gutter will get in the way of the original Alfetta rear grills. Here's a picture showing the modification to GiGi to fit the piece you desire. Notice how the gutter is cut off off this car. As an alternative to replacing your plastic try Rust-Oleum Fabric & Vinyl Gloss paint. It only comes in BLACK. Works GREAT! Try it out you'll see! Spray some of that gray ugly plastic with this stuff and I'm sure you'll be happy.

ExteriorRearCornerFromPassengers.jpg

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
I tried this but there's a lot of modification involved.

Another option might be to sand the plastic, glaze it smooth with Bondo, then shoot it with either a can of color code matched spray or a complementary metallic, then gloss, sand, and buff. You can get a metal-look finish without too much effort, and without modifying your car's body panels.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts