Alfa Romeo Forums banner

plans for my suspension

879 views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  bianchi2 
#1 ·
front.. qa1 double adjustable shocks. 1150 inch pound springs, remove all oem ball joints on steering system, replace them with 5/8 qa1 Teflon rod ends, with full boots, and make this so I can adjust the bump steer out, tires 205/50/16".. rear, no rear sway bar, panhard rod. remove 'T' bar and replace with location unit, so I can use a panhard bar system. replace polly bushings in trailing arm with spherical bearing kits( for better rotation on trailing arms ) 180 inch pound springs , qa1 single adjustable rear shocks, and remove the straps. any ideas out there?

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
rear, no rear sway bar, panhard rod. remove 'T' bar and replace with location unit, so I can use a panhard bar system. replace polly bushings in trailing arm with spherical bearing kits( for better rotation on trailing arms ) 180 inch pound springs , qa1 single adjustable rear shocks, and remove the straps.
What is the reasoning behind removing the limit straps? What will prevent the springs from falling out at full droop?

#6 ·
, the project is now dead,, could not find a way a reasonable cost to move my car, she is going the wrecker in few days, all this now is mute, as is all the $$ I spent.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.