Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
816 Posts
Piston

Hi
Can you look very carefully at the bottom edge of the skirt? It may have some numbers relating to size or model number. It looks like an early Borgo. Can you also measure the size of the piston at the skirt area? It is probably 78.0MM or a slight oversize from that. I may have some old ones.
KG

·
Registered
649 Posts
Piston

Hallo Waden,

look in the inner side of the piston most of piston producer named their pistons .
Think its an 1600 Borgo or Asso , but Mahle also possible. Seldom with 2 rings.
Possible the 2-ring borgo for 1300 with modified dome for reduce compression ratio.

Have some in my collection, but with other dome designe.

Uli

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ciao!

The pistons are marked: 82

U7063

2-2*70

The weight is 399g 400g and 402g.

Measured size is 81.70mm.

No name of the producer.

The motor is preperated by Conrero what is told me.

The height from the center of the piston pin to the top is 50,5mm.
The height from the center of the piston pin to the bottom of the lower piston ring is 14,9mm.
The height of the lower ring is 4,5mm.
Distans between the rings is 3,7mm.
The height of the top ring is 1,5mm-
The height from the center of the piston pin to the top of the area on top of the upper ring is 31mm.

Hope this is ok fore idetificeation of the piston.

Regards

Per

·
Registered
816 Posts
Piston

Wow,
82mm is a pretty big overbore for a 1600 block. I suspect that they may have bored the block and used 1.8 liners which are 80mm. I'll look through my collection of pistons.
Keith

·
Registered
816 Posts
piston

Hi Per,
No, unfortunately, I don't have anything that large in diameter. I suspect that you may have to get one made.
Keith

·
Registered
649 Posts
piston

Hallo Waden,
found an 82mm ASSO with your domdesigne in my store. Its a new one with nearly the same dimension , make a pm with fotos.

regards Uli

·
Registered
649 Posts
piston

Hallo, see fotos,could not attache on pm.piston 30 years old ,must be cleaned up.Its for bore of 82 mm, piston is about 81,90mm .
Uli

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts