Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to need new tires on the Q real soon. It's not a driver yet but maybe by end of next week.

Rumor is that the car will burn through tires pretty quick, and that it's important to rotate every 10,000.

A guy I trust who used to own a Q said maybe P4 would be good.

Thoughts?

·
Premium Member
15,865 Posts
"Rumor is that the car will burn through tires pretty quick"

Be sure to get a proper alignment, esp the front, zero toe if not slightly positive. Otherwise, yes, the tires could wear at a prodigious rate.

P4? Do keep in mind it is all season, not a performance tire. Still, most tires these days are pretty good, and while there may be better performance tires, these would be ok for putting around. Mixed reviews in Tire Rack, one average comment: "It is clear that they are more of a touring tire, as they provided a nice compliant ride but weren't as responsive in the twisties".

If you had 16 inch wheels, I would recommend the Michelin Pilot Exalto PE2. We use these on both the Milano (in the original 15 inch) and the LS (230 hp) in the 16's. Really great, and don't hydroplane in the wet (important here in the rainy NW). When the tires on the Goodyear's on the 91S wear out, I will use the 16 inch Pilot Exalto PE2 if they are still around. Have about 50k miles on the Milano with them, still plenty of tread. Have about 20k miles on the LS with them, and still looking new.

A Tire Rack review which states my own opinion: "In the dry they felt great near and at the limit, produced strong grip, and were confidence-inspiring through the seat of the pants and the steering wheel. In the wet they're even better, easily setting the standard for wet weather performance, basically giving up zero grip compared to the dry and avoiding hydroplaning even as they reached the end of their tread depth. I've never been happier with a set of tires than I was with these and wholeheartedly recommend them to anyone looking for a good dry & wet performance everyday sporty tire".

For 15 inch size as with our Milano with Verde wheels, I don't know what yet.

·
Registered
3,000 Posts
I recommend Michelin Pilot Exalto. They are a substantial cut above the P4 and closer to stock in performance. Not nearly as good as the P6000 but that has long since been superceded. Try the Exalto.

·
Registered
3,000 Posts
How about Kumho?
They make some good tires and some not so good tires. They are good value according to those who buy them as long as you get the right model for what you expect. I prefer the major Euro brands.

Don't forget Cooper (Avon in the UK) as they try harder as number 6 in size, good old american tire company producing some quite suitable tires.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts