Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm starting to plan my '73 GTV 2000 project. The color is Gallo Piper 116. I did a cursory search and struck out. I would really like to see some cars in this color with primo paint. It doesn't look too spiffy in the original state. If it looks good I'll stick with the original color. If not I'll go custom (since I work in a PPG store). An aside...would changing paint to a non-stock color affect value, assuming a quality color change. I'm inclined to think not since this is the classic Alfa hot rod. As always, thanks for the help

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
There's a BBer by the name of 'jaketheblade', he's got one. If you look for his posts, you should find the pics fairly quickly. Its a beautiful car in great nick.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hello, I don't understand your GTV is Ocra or Piper yellow ? if it's Piper it's great idea to keep the original color, because it's a rare and marvelous color, you will don't weary of it, especially on a GTV 2000, much more than the Ocra which is marvelous on earlier one and especially on a 1750 first serie.

My GTV 2000 is Piper yellow and I really love it, here is some pictures of mine : Mine there on this forum

Cheers

·
Registered
2,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Haazed-
My color is the same as yours. I hope mine looks as fine as yours someday. I'm going to spend some time gazing at Piper's and your car for inspiration. Where can I source the small Euro side markers?
I appreciate all of the replies.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Thanks...regarding the color...When I bought 15 yrs ago the car, the color was not my preference...and it still isn't. Over time, I've noticed more people appreciate the color now...maybe because you see fewer GTVs in this shade today than 20-30 years ago. Regardless, if you plan to keep your GTV awhile, and are going to do a proper re-paint, then choose a color you like that doesn't stray to far from that period of time. No sense painting it a color you don't like just for originality's sake.

·
Registered
38 Posts
When I'm looking some pictures of Giallo Piper GTV I find there are all different and I don't recognize mine when I see yours, but that's too bad to don't like the color of his car... and it's curious because each time I ride with mine every people told me I've made the real good choice about the color and in France there is some fans about it. What I like in this color, it's because each time I look at it I find it different and it's surely a not weary one...
Here is an other picture of mine :

Cheers

·
Registered
2,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Man, this is getting tough! It's easier to do an original color paint job than a complete color change. I like the color for it's "sleeper effect". I'm going to do some basic suspension modifications as well as some engine improvements, and I like to drive fast when safe/possible, so a sort of stately exterior would be sweet. Manuel's site (mentioned above) is incredible. I still need to know what you think about loss in value with a quality color change. All your cars are beautiful.
Thanks,

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
Looks great. Interesting colour that changes in light from yellow to green tinges and it is original. Much much better than repaint red.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts