Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
question: Anyone know where to get a socket or spanner wrench to remove the Star Nut that attaches the nose cone that the drive shaft bolts to on the front of the differential.
I need to replace that seal right behind this and don't have the corret tool.
Any suggesstion. Thanks in advance

·
Premium Member
22,413 Posts
They come up on ebay, or one of the local clubs might have one for rent/borrow. A fair number of people have made the tool by cutting a socket to fit.

Andrew

·
Premium Member
22,413 Posts
In fact, there's one on ebay now, with one broken tang: 120148598111

I think this one is for 2000s. There is one size for 1300-1750 axles and a larger one for 2000 axles.

Andrew

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Andrew.
Thought about grinding a socket, but before I did I just wanted to make sure there wasn't something available that I wasn't aware of.
Again Thanks........

·
Registered
65 Posts
here's to the guy who gave direction on how to make your on star tool to remove nut on differential the only difference was that I used a diamond blade on my grinder for more detailed finish it worked great I changed my seal and put Mobil one synthetic oil after draining the old you guys are the greatest hope to be of help in the future thanks [email protected]

·
Registered
65 Posts
ByThe Way Found The Directions To The differential tool under the thread differentials he lays it out perfectly you just have to have the patience to fit the socket till it works once you get the nut off you could detail it [email protected]

1 - 7 of 7 Posts