Alfa Romeo Forums banner

21 - 40 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
For all that have made requests so far, shipping costs have been figured and "requests for payment" have been sent to your email through paypal. Parts will ship next week. Thanks for the purchases. There are five left. Please send inquiries to:

giuliaalfa @ gmail dot com
Hi, I have the same problem with my Duetto. Do you have any plates left. Thanks, Adil.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I have a few plates left. Please send your post information to my email at:

giuliaalfa @ gmail DOT com

I take paypal, please send your account info or let me know if you prefer another payment method. Cost will be 20.00 USD + shipping. US shipping is 5 bucks.

·
Registered
37 Posts
any more of your plates available

Alex, just found this excellent thread in a search of the forum. Might you have any more of your custom fill plates available for sale?
I am pretty sure the hole is my dash, due to a past owner's radio install, will not be covered by the pininfarina plate. thank you, Tom

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Richard and Tom, I am sold out of these plates right now and was thinking of making another batch. I will check with my machine shop to see how long it will be.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I was one of the lucky few to purchase one of Alex's plates and I can vouch that they look great installed, are excellent quality, and he's a true gentleman.
Alex, Keep up the good work.

PS-I velcroed my Pinin plate to Alex's plate and was very pleased.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Okay, after many trials, tribulations, quality problems, and cost problems, I now have a new batch of 1966 - 1969 spider radio block off plates that look great.

Price is:
$25.00 shipping included in US.
$40.00 shipping included to anywhere else in the world.

I will take a few photos of the new batch.
If interested, please send a PM or reply to this thread.
Thanks for your patience.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
TomPow,
Thanks for your continued interest and patience. Please send your paypal account information or alternative payment preference to my PM along with your mailing address. I will get this in the mail on Monday.

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
VA_Alfa

Just got the plate and installed it in my 71 Spider.
Thank you for doing this for everybody!
Fits perfectly in the space on the console.... and I think it looks really good. Since I don't have a Duetto radio plate I did a variation, using a grill emblem that I had. Here's a pic:

radio delete plate.jpg

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Looks great Lokki, thanks for posting a picture. I have several backing plates still available.

$25.00 delivered in the US.
$40.00 delivered anywhere in the world.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Hey Alex: I just found out about the enhanced metal plate your shop had fabricated for the Duetto blanking plate from my friends in the Swedish Alfa Romeo club. Can I buy one still? Any left over?

Accept PayPal? Thanks!

Bob Little
Scarborough, New York

[email protected]

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Hello Bob,
Yep, I have about 12 left from the latest batch run. Paypal is fine. I will send an email to you with my paypal account info and to get your shipping address. Domestic orders are still $25.00 with shipping included.
All the best,

·
Premium Member
13,510 Posts
Just got the plate and installed it in my 71 Spider.
Thank you for doing this for everybody!
Fits perfectly in the space on the console.... and I think it looks really good. Since I don't have a Duetto radio plate I did a variation, using a grill emblem that I had. Here's a pic:
Hi Lokki,
Did you glue the plate to the console or do you have a way to remove it to access the rear of the instruments (to replace bulbs, etc) ?

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
I am familar with the installation details for a roundtail: reach up behind the dash with nuts and washers, install plate, tighten nuts.

On the kammtails I don't know how easy it is to reach behind the console so I am also interested in the answer to Ed's question.

Thanks to all that have made purchases. I have sold about 23 plates so far to customers in the USA, Austria, Australia, Italy, and The Netherlands. I hope it has helped solve the "cut dash" problems.
Best,

Attachments

·
Premium Member
13,510 Posts
The blanking plate looks pretty good in my '79 dash. The radio cut out hole is bigger than the blanking plate - I think it had been opened up to accommodate a bigger radio. I cut out a couple of pieces from an old console side panel to cover the hole and used them to sandwich it. Then drilled holes through them for the 10-24 studs on the stainless plate and pulled them together with a pair of wing nuts. The stick on emblem came from an eBay seller in Taiwan.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
Hi Lokki,
Did you glue the plate to the console or do you have a way to remove it to access the rear of the instruments (to replace bulbs, etc) ?
Alfaparticle -

Sorry for the delay in noticing this message... I've been away for awhile. Long story.

My method of installing was a bit unorthodox, but it's working well.
My dash opening was the traditional square hole for the center of the radio sided by two round holes for the radio knobs. The two posts on the stainless face plate (obviously) go through the round radio knob holes.

I found a couple of those spring loaded v-clips that are used to keep screws from pulling out of drywall. The holes in them for the SAE bolts were just a little larger than the threads on the metric studs on the plate, so I used self locking nuts to keep them in place on the studs. I then just pushed them through the radio knob holes; they sprung open and the plate is locked in place.

Simple and quick... however to get the plate off again, you're going to have to pull the console to remove those self-locking nuts, so make sure you've decided on your ornamentation before you install.

·
Premium Member
13,510 Posts
you're going to have to pull the console to remove those self-locking nuts, so make sure you've decided on your ornamentation before you install.
Not quite. I have to remove 6 screws and loosen one to pull the console back enough to get at the wing nuts.

Thanks for the follow up.

21 - 40 of 59 Posts