Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A former owner of my 69 SV had cut out the radio opening further than the factory pininfarina radio plate would cover. I made this stainless steel plate to cover the wider opening. I think it turned out great. I glued the pininfarina plate to the s/s plate.

Alex in VA

Attachments

·
Certified Oldschooler
7,032 Posts
That looks absolutely great. What a good solution to a common problem! Need more pics of interior, engine bay, etc !! Looking good!

·
Registered
330 Posts
What a good solution to a common problem! Looking good!
He's right, lot's of these dashes have the same problem. I've not seen a better fix short of pulling and restoring the dash. Be great to know the details. More photos of your car please, big fans of photos around here. :)

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
just put some interior and engine photos on "Post a pic of your Alfa" page under the picture room. I'll try to scan the drawing I made for the stainless plate. I am fortunate enough to have access to a fabrication shop including all the great tools needed to make something like this quickly. I made it in about an hour. It's basically 14 or 16 gauge stainless sheetmetal (found it in the scrap bin) cut and polished to the proper dimensions with two threaded studs welded to the back that pass through the radio knob holes. The Farina badge is glued on with Gorilla Glue.

Alex in VA

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I talked to a fabrication shop today. I can get them made for about $25 each. If I can get some interest, I'll go ahead with an order for 10. Any takers?

Alex in VA

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I've placed the order for 10

The shop will be making 10 stainless steel blanking plates that go behind the plastic pininfarina radio blanking plate next week. The stainless plate will include the studs that pass through the radio knob holes and the washers / nuts on the back side. All you will need is the pininfarina plate and some double sided tape or glue for attachment.

Please PM me with your mailing information and I will get them out as soon as I can. As far as payment is concerned, long standing alfabb members can mail a check to me after you receive the plate.

Alex in VA

·
Administrator
16,652 Posts
As far as payment is concerned, long standing alfabb members can mail a check to me after you receive the plate.
Alex, although I don't need one of those beauties (our Spider is an '84) I wanted to say you are to be commended for sharing this invention and your trust in the Alfa community.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I would love to have one too, if you wouldn't mind placing in an envelope and posting to Australia? Happy to direct transfer the money in cluding postage. They look like a great way to solve too big a hole in the dash!

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Rowan,
I do have a few left over. Please send your post information to my email at:

giuliaalfa @ gmail DOT com

Can you use paypal for payment? Cost will be 20.00 USD + shipping.

·
Premium Member
18 Posts
nice solution

I am another Australian with a slightly oversized old radio hole in the dash of my 67 Duetto, almost covered by the Pinninfarina plate. I'd like to buy one too Alex.
regards
Greg Smith
Melbourne

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
For all that have made requests so far, shipping costs have been figured and "requests for payment" have been sent to your email through paypal. Parts will ship next week. Thanks for the purchases. There are five left. Please send inquiries to:

giuliaalfa @ gmail dot com

·
Registered
59 Posts
Thanks again Alex.The plate is just perfect!

If you´re ever over this way again you´ll have to come and look at it :)
Cheers Scott

1 - 20 of 59 Posts