Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,187 Posts
Car guys and Computer guys are the same guys.

I have felt for a long time that Car guys and Computer guys are the same guys. :D

Working on cars and computers is similar in some ways. You can add parts to both that will enhance speed, capacity, weight, and power. In High School we built hot rods, as adults we now build hot rod computers. :cool:

In a funny way, this is the inevitable evolution and fusion of these two worlds.

If I add a track computer to my spider, I might have to buy that Pininfarina extra hard drive capacity. ;)

·
Registered
2,147 Posts
Those Ducati capacitors would be from Ducati electronica, no relation to Ducati motorcycles. At one point they were the same company, but they both went their separate ways in the early 50's I believe.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I saw a Pininfarina drive on ebay also. Unfortunately it has more in common with Pinin's work for Rambler in the '50s- cheap and large. 500GB and 5400RPM. I guess they DO still make 'em like they used to.

·
Registered
432 Posts
My friend bought one of these hard drives. It was very heavy and fwd. His wife knocked it off the desk and it broke. When he called customer service they said he had to wait a very long time for parts.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts