Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi
I am restoring these fantastic BOMISA brass casted emblemes on aluminium housing-and would like to know the original green snake colour code.Maybe somebody repaint it becouse nitro paint thinner did the job in seconds,should that be enamel green paint?

Attachments

·
Certified Oldschooler
7,033 Posts
I have been told by some that all Biscione (snake) badges were green like the quadrifoglio color, but I have seen black ones and in fact when I bought Pinyo it had one green and one black. The backing plates are the color of the car, but many do a brushed metal look which looks nice on darker cars. A green snake on a green car barely stands out. The backing plate is riveted to the c-pillar and the snake is glued into the backing plate.

Did you get my PM on the heart piece??

Attachments

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hard copper plating made small imperfections unvisible.About snake colour,was it painted hard or originally thin layer?Repros are painted hard as i can see on photos.

Attachments

·
Certified Oldschooler
7,033 Posts
I have never sought or heard of a color code but it is clearly not Pino verde as you can see above on my car. More a Forest green? How would one know if it is one coat or several thin ones just by looking at the outside?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts